new to mfp need some support and friends

Options
emmlou
emmlou Posts: 15 Member
hi im Emma im new to mfp although i did join abit back i didn't actually start using the site properly till this last 2 weeks .
i am 29 years old mother to 4 lovely kids , i have mostly been a healthy weight and have never needed to diet and didn't really think much about my weight until 2 years ago when i quit smoking and the weight just piled on and on and on and i have been half heatedly trying to lose some ever since but this past month i have really give myself a much needed kick up the backside and im really giving it a good go. i could use all the friends and support i can get as i get bored and less motivated as the weeks go on.

emmaxx

Replies

• emb94
    emb94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma,

I'm also an Emma! Feel free to add me! I've been on here a while, but I'm just starting to use the site properly - rather than just looking at how much I've gone over by! I'm doing the race for life in 3 weeks so I'll be trying hard on the exercise side as well as the healthy eating!
  • emmlou
    emmlou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi emma, good luck with the race for lifex
  • tyroners
    tyroners Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Steve fr if you wish
  • calicat0925
    calicat0925 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Emma,

I'm new to this site, as well. I actually downloaded the app on my phone, but it was my mom who actually clued me in that the site had a lot more to it than just an exercise/food tracker. I'm 29 as well and only have one kid, but I also found that quitting smoking really had a big impact on my weight.

Feel free to add me! I know I could use the motivation and having other people there will motivate me to keep tracking.

Carrie
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    I am on everday and have been on my journey for a short 30 days. I love having friends to support me. It's amazing the difference when you know people are checking on you. Feel free to add me and GET MOVING......;-)
  • Butterfly_in_Bloom
    Options
    Hi Emma! Congrats on quitting smoking :) If you are strong enough to be able to overcome that, I feel confident that you will be able to lose the weight you want and continue down your path to a healthier lifestyle.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, add me if you want to!
  • Aana16
    Aana16 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started MFP today. I would love some support and believe I will be a good friend. Please add me if you wish.