I need lunch ideas

Options
Here are the guidelines:

No meat including fish/seafood (unless bacon)
Quick (under 10 minutes)
No raw veg (IBS hates it)
Higher protein prefered

I have no allergies other than seafood/iodine.

Replies

• dnunny
    dnunny Posts: 125
    Options
    Make a huge pot of soup; put in thermos. I have done that, and will do again. I don't have the time to heat up food; so I tend to bring salads, fruit, sandwiches..etc.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Why not do a fruit smoothie with protein powder added? I like to do this sometimes when I don't want to make anything! I use fresh or frozen fruit, milk (or juice or even water if you want), yogurt is optional, ice (to thicken or if you used fresh fruit), and sugar or artificial sweetener if you want added sweetness. Mix it all in a blender and add a scoop of protein powder. I like to use Jillian Michaels Whey protein powder. It's also a good way to get servings of fruit and dairy. You can do just about anything as long as it tastes good! :)
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Why not do a fruit smoothie with protein powder added? I like to do this sometimes when I don't want to make anything! I use fresh or frozen fruit, milk (or juice or even water if you want), yogurt is optional, ice (to thicken or if you used fresh fruit), and sugar or artificial sweetener if you want added sweetness. Mix it all in a blender and add a scoop of protein powder. I like to use Jillian Michaels Whey protein powder. It's also a good way to get servings of fruit and dairy. You can do just about anything as long as it tastes good! :)

I might work on trying different recipes. I know I don't like it with yogurt in it but I might try a few other ways to make it.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I would make extra sauteed and steamed veggies either on a weekend day when you have time or with dinner to eat as lunch the next day.

You could also get those steam-in-a-bag veggies for the microwave. While those are going whip up an egg white omlete, toss the steamed veggies in.

Wrap the veggies with some hummus OR tuna OR soy meat product (I like Morningstar Farms stuff) in a whole wheat tortilla or wrap.