I can't believe that........

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
When I lose 19 more pounds, I will have lost 100 pounds!!!! That is insane!!!!

Man, all I can say is for those with that much to lose, I have done it since early September and I did it the healthy way. I LOVE what I have learned over the past few months. I have learned how much better I function when fueled with healhy foods. I have learned that I don't have to suffer and starve to lose weight. I have learned that food and fat are not the enemy and when looked at a different way can actually ENHANCE our lives. I have seen how much better my skin looks when I eat good foods and drink a lot of water. I have made eating fruits and veggies a regular part of my day and am reaping the benefits of that as well. (This next one may be gross)........I have seen how much better my digestive system is functioning when feeding it high fiber foods!! (But it is important for Colon health everybody!!)......Anyway, those are just a few of the lessons I have learned since I began this new lifestyle a few months ago and because I did it the slow and healthy way and have educated myself on how MY body functions, I am more confident than ever before that I can keep this up.

Keep going everybody! If you need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to email me. :)

Your friend!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    When I lose 19 more pounds, I will have lost 100 pounds!!!! That is insane!!!!

Man, all I can say is for those with that much to lose, I have done it since early September and I did it the healthy way. I LOVE what I have learned over the past few months. I have learned how much better I function when fueled with healhy foods. I have learned that I don't have to suffer and starve to lose weight. I have learned that food and fat are not the enemy and when looked at a different way can actually ENHANCE our lives. I have seen how much better my skin looks when I eat good foods and drink a lot of water. I have made eating fruits and veggies a regular part of my day and am reaping the benefits of that as well. (This next one may be gross)........I have seen how much better my digestive system is functioning when feeding it high fiber foods!! (But it is important for Colon health everybody!!)......Anyway, those are just a few of the lessons I have learned since I began this new lifestyle a few months ago and because I did it the slow and healthy way and have educated myself on how MY body functions, I am more confident than ever before that I can keep this up.

Keep going everybody! If you need ANYTHING, please don't hesitate to email me. :)

Your friend!
    Tami
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well said!! And congratulations on a great loss--you go girl!
  • tishawillliams2
    Options
    Congratulations!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Believe it, sister!

YAY You! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! :flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!! :drinker:
  • kenzie
    kenzie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    What an awesome post. I think these words, (and other similar posts) are such motivation for other people either struggling with having bad weeks, or just having a hard time in general with making changes to thier lifestyles. It's great to hear how well you've done, and only 19 more pounds! Thanks for posting this, and keep it up! :smile:
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wow, now thats kind of result we have to give too. Congrats.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    That is so amazing! Congratulations. You must be such an inspiration to all those around you!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Tam, I am soooo proud of you girl!!!! you look awesome btw! and wow such and accomplishment!!!

hugs and here's to you!:drinker:
    ali
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Congratulations on your weight loss and thanks for being such a inspiration to the rest of us. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are putting my 10 lbs to shame. I can't believe you lost that much in that amount of time.

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and many calories do you eat in a day? Do you exercise every day-and how much?

Thanks, just trying to get some inspiration. I would LOVE to look hot in 2009! (Hey, I'm giving myself some time!!)
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome tam!!!!!!! i am soooo secretly jealous of you:laugh: i hope in time everyone will be secretly jealous of me too :bigsmile:

j~
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Woohoo!!! I'm proud of you girl!
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.:drinker: Way to go.:flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks everyone again for the great messages! I just can't believe it sometimes. I had been avoiding even trying to lose weight for awhile because I kept thinking it would take soo long, I would feel deprived, etc etc and that is just not the case at all. I mean, yes it SHOULD take a decent amount of time to be done healthy but wow, even then the time goes by so fast!

Anyway, I just hope all of you, whether you have a significant amount to lose or just a few lbs...can realize that it will happen if you stick to it.

Good luck!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    WOW! You are putting my 10 lbs to shame. I can't believe you lost that much in that amount of time.

If you don't mind me asking, how tall are you and many calories do you eat in a day? Do you exercise every day-and how much?

Thanks, just trying to get some inspiration. I would LOVE to look hot in 2009! (Hey, I'm giving myself some time!!)

Hey! I am 5' 5" and for awhile, from about 270-210 or so, I was eating around 1650-1700 cals a day but I wasn't exercising as regularly until the last few months. As I have gotten closer to 200 I lowered my calories a bit and upped my exercise. For a couple months I have struggled because I was burning like 700 calories, 4 days a week and not eating any more so my body started slowing down. So, last week I started eating around 1800 cals on the days I work out and burn 700...and the day's I don't work out, I eat around 1450ish..

My workouts are now 60 min on the elliptical (55 min workout + 5 min cool down), which I have worked up to. I do the interval setting and level 18. I am trying to incorporate something different at least one day a week to change it up but I just love the elliptical and it is easy on the joints, etc. I also do strength training at the gym and on the days I don't go to the gym I try to do lunges and squats, etc at home and as the weather get's warmer I will go walking more and more. I am at the gym Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sunday usually.

I am 189 now and I am sure I will have to adjust things again before too long.. we will see.

And your 10 lbs is wonderful too!! It all adds up and as we all know, weight loss is not an easy job, no matter how much you want to lose.

:happy:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! It helps to know what others are doing.

I ate HORRIBLY over the weekend. We spent the weekend at my in-laws, they had snacks, we went out to eat, we went to a party....I feel really bad about myself like I gained my 10 lbs back in 2 days, even though that is probably not the case. I totally fell of the wagon.

I think tomorrow I am going to plan out my meals for the week and stick to it!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I go again!
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS..you should be SO proud!
    Keep up the great way!
    It really does become a way a of life and as time goes on I feel myself making healthier choices everyday

Kim
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Congrats! That is so amazing!! :flowerforyou: