What kind of bag do you use for the gym?

Options
jenbk2
jenbk2 Posts: 623 Member
I want to buy a bag for the gym. Just for me... not a family bag. What kind of bag do you have?

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I just use a backpack.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I have a Nike Livestrong bag and an Under Armour bag. they are both great and have lots of compartments. Also a spot to keep the shoes away from your clothes.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i use my nike duffle that i have used for like a million years....totes my hammers, shot puts, discuses, shoes, gym clothes, etc...
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just use a backpack.

This.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I have a bag that holds my yoga mat, by gaiam.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't take a bag to the gym. I go dressed & ready for action, then come home and change.
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I never needed a bag.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I use one I bought on Amazon for $23. Ogio or something.
  • varulv
    varulv Posts: 21
    Options
    for Christmas i got a luggage set and i got an over night bag with it that zips up that it perfect for it
  • Moviedust
    Moviedust Posts: 110
    Options
    haha I use one of the reusable shopping bags from Staples
  • Jenn_10
    Jenn_10 Posts: 83
    Options
    I usually use my old cheer leading duffle bag
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I take a backpack or just a tote when I need to change but usually just a simple drawstring backpack for my shoes and lock.... Nothing fancy here.....
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't take a bag to the gym. I go dressed & ready for action, then come home and change.

Same here! If I do take extras (shower stuff, change of clothes, swimsuit) then I just re-use a plastic shopping bag.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I actually use a small carry on type suitcase with wheels. Since I go to the gym 5 times a week, I 'm showering there I have all my bathroom crap with me. Hubby bought me a the suitcase instead of hauling around a duffel bag especially since parking is tough in NYC and sometimes have to walk several blocks from where I park.
  • JessJessB
    JessJessB Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    http://www.zappos.com/dakine-sarita

The pattern is wonky, but I love that it has a separate (externally accessed!) compartment for my shoes. Lots of space, comfortable, free yoga mat holder, and it has a contrasting internal lining, which I think is cute.
  • Kalona388
    Kalona388 Posts: 82
    Options
    I just take an over the shoulder decently large cotton bag (it may be linen, actually) not many compartments, it's more of a hobo-style oversized purse. Since I head straight to the gym after work all I do is put my workout clothes in it, throw in a hair tie, deodorant and body spray, stick my tennis shoes in a plastic bag inside of it. Then once I'm at the gym I just throw my work clothes in it and switch the shoes out. It's nothing fancy but it works! lol
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I use a large canvas bag that's actually for grocery shopping... I only bring my shoes, deodorant, hair brush, water bottle, sweat rag and MAYBE a change of clothes if I'm heading out after working out.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    The owner of the gym walked over and gave me a bag. That probably has some deeper meaning, but hey, free bag!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I need a monstrous bag since I workout in the morning and go straight to work. I had the largest Adidas duffel but it's coming apart at the handle. I am eyeing those mini suitcases on wheels. I "window shop" for The Perfect Bag at ebags.com. It's sick, really.
  • jallison12
    jallison12 Posts: 83
    Options
    I got my bag through a lucky draw at work, it has the company logo on it.
    If I were to buy a new bag, this would be one:
    http://www.amazon.com/OGIO-Big-Dome-Street-Duffel/dp/B001EYU50Q
    There are smaller bags, the Half Dome, etc.

I have 2 Ogio messenger / laptop bags and they are superbly well made.