My 32 pound weight loss

Options
pokat302
pokat302 Posts: 10 Member
Hello all!
I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm needing motivation. I had to look back at what I've accomplished so far. Getting married and having a shoestring budget, my weight ballooned my early years of marriage. I topped out at a all time high of 270 in December of 2008. I got pregnant in Feb 09, and diagnosed with full blown, insulin shots 5 times a day - gestational diabetes in August. Although I know I shouldn't "count" my 27 week pregnant weight as a true "before" weight, when the high-risk nurse said "303" I about died. I had a crash course in nutrition and low-carb eating for the last ten weeks of my pregnancy. I was fortunate to have a nutritionist on speed dial; and every doctor appointment I lost weight. My baby was born healthy, and I weighed 2 pounds *less* than I did pre-pregnancy. I lost 33 pounds the last 10 weeks of pregnancy following a low-carb diet. (15 grams of carbs for each meal),

After pregnancy, I began eating carbs again, but my mentality regarding my diet and nutrition was forever changed. For the past 2.5 years, I have tried to eat "better". Lower carb, clean/organic, paleo..... I try to incorporate it all, but I feel that "memories" like being with friends are more important, so I wont ever turn down "going out to eat." I follow FlyLady and Leanne Ely SavingDinner.com; and its her recipes that have helped me the most. I've slowly lost an addition 32 pounds to where I'm at today, 238. I'm finally at the weight I was when I got married, and I decided to make this post because its now officially under 100 pounds to my goal weight of 140. I lost about 10 pounds on my own before I discovered My Fitness Pal in May of 2011. Now is my "big push" and i'm gonna need all the help I can get.
weightloss.jpg

Replies

• dorkboi
    dorkboi Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Wtg!! What a difference 30lbs makes! You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • pokat302
    pokat302 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • NanaKK1234
    NanaKK1234 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    awesome job YOU LOOK AMAZING
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!! keep doing what you're doing!! :smile:
  • chrissyrn04
    chrissyrn04 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Look at the light on your face now and in your eyes. You look so much happier! Keep it up!
  • Kalona388
    Kalona388 Posts: 82
    Options
    You've done amazing so far!! Congrats on your process! I know it's hard to turn people down when they want to go out to eat; I always try to suggest restaurants that I know have healthy options and I make sure to pre-plan what I'm going to eat before getting there! That way the lure of mozzarella sticks and other diet horror foods can be avoided. Good luck on your journey!! :)
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Keep it up!!! 30 pounds makes a big difference.
  • nones37
    nones37 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! You can really see the difference! The hardest part is finding the motivation in the beginning. Once you start losing and seeing results, it is easier to keep your eye on the goal. Every time I am struggling and feel like giving up, I go to the mall and try on clothes in my new, smaller sizes. It motivates me to keep going!
  • Suebert83
    Suebert83 Posts: 10
    Options
    Congrats! Good Luck and I hope you continue to lose!!!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You have a lot to be proud of, way to stick with the journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!