Motivation Much Needed

Options
Ive Been Trying To Lose Weight For Over 2 yrs Now It has been a fail everytime , im not getting any smaller im just getting bigger .. im surrounded by a bunch of people who doubt me everyday and put me down i try to not let it get in my way or to my head but hearing negative things form loved ones BLOWS !!! any advice would help & feel free to add me thanks

Replies

• michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    One of the things that helped me tremendously to lose all my weight is to close off to the people that would doubt me the most. I didn't tell my family or anyone for about 5 months and I used the time to REALLY focus on my workout and nutrition regimen. If you can't "get away" from your family, find people that support you! Plug in here, surf around and ask questions. Set a plan for your nutrition each day and what to exercise each day.

Maybe you have a couple friends who can't lose weight and become workout buddies. Have you tried any form of working out? What kind?

Please feel free to add me and look through my diary for ideas. I'll be very happy to set up a daily nutrition plan and workout plan for you if you wish. Best of luck to you and let me know if you need anything at all :)
  • PrivateVenue
    PrivateVenue Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Simply start by changing your nutrition, then add exercise in a few weeks or even months. It's tough when you don't have support and when temptations are calling to you. What made me decide on losing weight was simple... I can reach my goal or be close to it in a year, or be worse off. I can't tell you how many great comments I have gotten, but I've also had people who have given me underhanded, *****y comments.

You have to decide who is more important. Without a doubt, you are.

Also, when I'm in need of motivation I visit thebodygallery.com. They're real pictures of real women. I went there and realized, "Oh! I don't have to weigh 120 to be beautiful!" I've lost a lot of weight, and sometimes I feel like I have a million to go. I just keep asking myself, "Where will I be in a year?"

Oh, and look up Fit2Fat2Fit. He's amazing and I highly recommend his book.
  • wasveganvictoria88
    wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I tried dieting without exercise and it didn't work - I know it seems weird but it does give you loads of energy and stop cravings. Plus, if I'm not out doing something I'm inside eating something!