p90x

Options
Hello everybody!!! Hope everyone is seeing success in their lifestyle changes.
i had a question for all of you....
i was thinking about p90x. I see so much hype about it and I wanted to know if any of you have done it, or are doing it now. I am 199 pounds and I want to get down to 150. i have a pear shape so I have a small waist and wider hips and bigger breasts. So I dont have a large stomach. I was wondering if I should do p90x to lose the weight. I do better on actual programs that are already written and easy to follow. I dont want to just gain muscle though, I want to lose fat. So, I wanted to know what you guys think. Should I do p90x, or should I not?
Thanks!
Jazz

Replies

• nola985
    nola985 Posts: 9
    Options
    I am about to start this again. I did it before and actually loved the program. It's hard and a lot of fun. Don't worry about muscle...unless our are lifting a lot, you won't get that. Dive in...have fun.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Just finished a round. Dropped 34lbs and 6 pants sizes (42-a loose 36). It's a very hard workout, 6 days a week and if you pay attention to your diet you will burn fat and get results. It would be impossible not to, actually.
  • michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've lost 72 pounds and counting and I'm almost done with round 2. I wrote a review on the program if you would like to see. Add me and check out my blog. My girlfriend lost 24 pounds just like that in about 2 months. Nutrition is 80% of the results, and the P90X side is going to tone you up and really lose weight, no question about that. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions. I'm a Beachbody Coach if you need help getting started. Best of luck to you :)
  • Jetta_C
    Jetta_C Posts: 58
    Options
    I've had my P90X DVD's for about two years and have done them on and off. Here is my take:

Pros: Tony is very funny and engaging and doing a different DVD every day helps keep boredom away. A decent balance of strength and flexibility emphasis builds muscles that are both strong and flexible.

Cons: the millions of push-ups and other upper body moves gave me screaming tendonitis in my elbows and wrists that took weeks to calm down. I also got way more upper body development than I wanted whereas the leg workout is minimal with little emphasis on building a high, tight bum. If you look at Tony Horton's body you see the results you will get: nice arms, good shoulders and back, a developed but somewhat flat (for a man) chest and skinny under-developed legs.

Best part: the Ab Ripper. With only 11 exercises, you will memorize it in no time and can add it on the end of other workouts, skipping the DVD entirely. I still do it at least once a week, usually twice. For the time spent (less than 20 mins) it is the best non-equipment ab workout I've ever done.