Fit Bit help

Does the fit bit automatically put in your exercise calories on MFP?

Replies

• MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Yes, it does. It's sync's with fitbits site
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Yes it does. It shows up under your exercise as "fitbit adjustment".

Alternately, if you have specific exercises you want to name...you can use the stopwatch function on the fitbit (the same way you track your sleep). Fitbit will then create an "activity record". You can use this "activity record" to log your specific workout on MFP and what it is then translates it onto fitbit and the fitbit adjustment adjusts.

I do this when I'm doing an activity like swimming or cycling that fitbit doesn't accurately track the calories for. I use my HRM when cycling and replace the calorie count MFP gives with the HRM info.
  • Rftw1
    Rftw1 Posts: 3 Member
    I love my FitBit! Died on me last Sunday, Support is amazing! I contacted the company and after a few emails, The told me to recycle my dead friend and wanted to now where to ship my new replacement FitBit! Got it on Friday and hasn't left my side since! Set up to work with my Myfitnesspal was a breeze! I was thrilled when I got my 30,000 step badge and cant wait to get the 35,000!
  • ok. i am wondering why i go to the fitbit site and it says i have already burned 1030 cals since midnight ( its 1:43 a.m) and im not even wearing it. i dont even think its on. Does it count BMR automatically or is it broken?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    It counts BMR whether you have it on or not. And it sounds like you have the time set wrong if it's showing 1000 calories with less than 2 hours into the day.
  • yeah the time on it says 5 something a.m and i dont know how to change it?
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    fitbit.com > settings > profile settings. In there you can put the correct time
  • thanks everyone for the awesome help :) i got it set up right now and I must say i love this little thing :) best $99 spent! it even tells me kickass!
  • Clevelynne
    Clevelynne Posts: 3 Member
    I got my fitbit yesterday. Today I power walked on treadmill. My fitbit automatically synched my activity into 746 calories. I was wearing my HRM which calculated me burning only 346 calories. So when I log in my time, do I change my calories to a lower number, or should I keep the 746 instead?
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Are you sure that 746 calories wasn't what the Fitbit was predicting you'd burned so far in that entire day (from midnight to the time you checked it)? That's the number that shows on the device. To get the number it estimated for your walk is a little trickier.

Don't log the 746. If you have it set to synch to MFP, any amount you go above your est. TDEE here will come over as a Fitbit adjustment automatically.