Screw you, Insomnia.

Options
_Wits_
_Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
:sad: I just want to sleep.

And ride a unicorn but sleep first is preferred.

Replies

• sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    I have the same problem right now.. :cry:
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one. If insomnia were a person I would punch her/him in the neck and knee them in the genitals.

What really pisses me off is when I am too tired to sleep! I mean, how is that even possible? UGH
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    Muzic, I love your pic. My dog does that all the time. Except it isn't a rainbow. :)
  • sharibob3
    Options
    I think I may try counting sheep... :yawn:
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    im pissed at myself for bingeing on carbs the past few days. knocking myself out of ketosis has made my insomnia return too. so frustrating.

gonna crochet til i pass out. good luck!
  • cherylhunter68
    Options
    The bad thing about insomnia for me is that when I can't sleep, I eat. HELP
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Having trouble too. UGH. Just yawned and I know sleep is nowhere in sight!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options

Crochet. Or Jameson. Crochet or Jameson. Choose your poison...

--P
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    [/quote]

Me too! :flowerforyou:
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    I could not sleep so I am in my office sending travel quotes and catching up on filing, sooooo much fun, lol, maybe a glass of wine would do the trick!
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I think I may try counting sheep... :yawn:

Tried it, IT DOESNT WORK!!!
  • sharibob3
    Options

Dang wished I knew how to do that!!! :happy:

Oh and counting sheep didn't work for me either.. Sooooo

Guess I'll just ummmmm read a book.. ya thats it.. :glasses:
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't sleep much anymore either! :( I'd like to. I think I might try to take some of that melatonin. It's all natural and is suppose to help you get to sleep.... hmm...
  • wenikikini
    wenikikini Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The bad thing about insomnia for me is that when I can't sleep, I eat. HELP

Yeah, I do sometimes too... and it's always something sweet. :yawn:
    I've got myself busy sorting photos... You'd think being a photographer.. and staring at a screen all afternoon would make you pass out. It just gives me more energy...
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    i've been on 2-5 hours a night for the last decade.
    most usually 3-4 a night.
    i used to sleep 7.5 every night but ptsd killed it.
    i don't drink tea, coffee or booze.
    after the first few years i gave up on doing all the right things and just relaxed into it. i'll go on the laptop if i'm bored, but stay in bed to do it, stopping to close my eyes & daydream or ponder occassionally. if i get 8-10 hours laying down, completely relaxed, not stressing or working, keeping my pulse & bp low, i actually feel fine on it. the trick is to relax and not fret.
  • MissKTMc
    MissKTMc Posts: 49
    Options
    Working out in the evening can cause insomnia so if any of you that are having trouble sleeping tend to work out late, try swapping to working out in the morning! Yeah, I know it's hard to get up at 5am for a workout when you've just fallen asleep but three mornings and you will notice that you are already used to the new routine and sleeping better! Also, try eating all your fruit before lunch as the fermentation can keep you up at night too! You could also try burning lavender oil in your bedroom to create a relaxed, sleep-inducing environment! There's also all the obvious things like reducing clutter, turning off all electrical items in the bedroom, avoiding caffeine past 4pm and if your reading, try and do it lying down!!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks. This pic makes me giggle.

Yeah...alarm just went off...I'm heading back to work after having a week off and I can barely blink. Ugh.

Hope you other restless sleepers make it through your day!
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I have this too but it goes it cycles at the mo im ok, but i get weeks where i cant get to sleep for hours and wake up knackered. Im also terrible at sleeping somewhere for the first night,Ie hotels, I can be awake for almost 24 hours and my brain just wont shut down, drive me nuts. I put the tv on to go to sleep all the time and if there is no tv i have a problem.
  • cherylhunter68
    Options
    The other bad thing about insomnia for me is, I even take a sleep aid and it sometimes doesn't help at all. :sad:
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Sip wine, read a dirty novel, write a short story :-)