Commenting On Closed Diaries

Options
2»

Replies

• CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, if anyone ever has any suggestions, I'm open to that.

Ditto. I used to hide what I ate so nobody would see what I was doing. Since I opened up my diary, I've been pretty good. However, I think most people would be bored to see my diary since I eat the same things all the time.

Yea, me too....One day I will need to add something to spice up my food......I think sometimes my food eating is in a rut.....

Same here. I alternate my food when I can but I try to maintain my ratios as closely as possible. So when I find a day where my food counts work out great, I keep repeating it with only minor changes - like hummus instead of lentils one day or a mix of of the two the next. etc.
  • una48
    una48 Posts: 43
    Options
    I like looking at others diarys - specially people with similar attitudes to eating and meal planning. I just feel happy to see my friends eat well and I also get some nice ideas for new foods, looking at their diarys, and I hope they get the same looking at my diary.
  • lion_queen
    lion_queen Posts: 37
    Options
    Im never commenting other peoples diaries, if they is closed.
  • Redskins76
    Redskins76 Posts: 68
    Options
    I agree! I think if you have a closed diary then why join MFP?? I know it is 'MY" fitness pal and not 'SOMEONE ELSE" fitness pal but I think this a social support site from what I see. I know you can keep some things private but everything?? COME ON YALL!!! lol.
  • candiliza
    candiliza Posts: 77
    Options
    My diary is open, if anyone ever has any suggestions, I'm open to that.

Ditto. I used to hide what I ate so nobody would see what I was doing. Since I opened up my diary, I've been pretty good. However, I think most people would be bored to see my diary since I eat the same things all the time.

Same here! Lol I just reopened mine though I'm sure ppl will get bored of it fast haha
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I would think the reason a lot of people have closed diaries that still give a news feed announcement is that those are default settings.
  • trapperanne
    trapperanne Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We are here to incourage not to discourage. Eating disorders are very painful. Please be supportive otherwise we have failed.
  • jnicole878
    Options
    My diary is closed and I have it set so it can't be commented on.......I have noticed that others whose diaries are also closed but do allow comments....How can people comment when they can't even see what you are eating?..

I feel that if you want comments then open your diary......If not, then change your setting so no one can comment...

Why does it matter what others do and do not do? Are you here to be fit and/or lose weight or to critize what people do?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    What if the comment is

"Amazing work pressing the "complete diary" button!"

Or

"My god that imaginary food that I'm imagining that you ate looks delicious. I can't wait to see what I'll imagine you eating tomorrow".
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans - you can't set it such that people can't comment on your diary completion message.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I call shenanigans - you can't set it such that people can't comment on your diary completion message.

what about tomfoolery?
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This website boggles my mind sometimes. I never had anyone in a ww meeting demand to see my journal, nor did any of my buddies on slim fast go through my rubbish to count cans. I really do not get this diary obsession. To each their own. Im just glad I seem to attract kick *kitten* friends who are understanding and non-judgemental.

To all of you who have this delusional thought process that says because someone diary is open, they aren't hiding something...hello? Ever think they could just not log it??? This is the internet. I owe none of you anything and I owe myself everything.
  • jnicole878
    Options
    This website boggles my mind sometimes. I never had anyone in a ww meeting demand to see my journal, nor did any of my buddies on slim fast go through my rubbish to count cans. I really do not get this diary obsession. To each their own. Im just glad I seem to attract kick *kitten* friends who are understanding and non-judgemental.

To all of you who have this delusional thought process that says because someone diary is open, they aren't hiding something...hello? Ever think they could just not log it??? This is the internet. I owe none of you anything and I owe myself everything.

AGREE^^^^^^
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    way i see things, if it cant be seen by others, you are hiding something. just my opinion.....

off subject, but whatever. lol
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yep. I don't comment on closed diaries. They could have eaten 200 calories that day for all I know... or logged 5000. My diary is open for all to see... mostly so I can make people jealous muahahaha! j/k I do find I hold myself accountable more that way... and I don't tend to use quick add calories either... except in really extenuating circumstances. If I can't be completely honest with the entire MFP world about what I'm eating, I have no business eating it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Did the people in the WW meeting saying "great job on what you ate yesterday", without having any idea what you ate yesterday? Because that's more what this thread is all about.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Yep. I don't comment on closed diaries. They could have eaten 200 calories that day for all I know... or logged 5000. My diary is open for all to see... mostly so I can make people jealous muahahaha! j/k I do find I hold myself accountable more that way... and I don't tend to use quick add calories either... except in really extenuating circumstances. If I can't be completely honest with the entire MFP world about what I'm eating, I have no business eating it.

EXACTLY!!!!!
  • AquaFitQueen
    AquaFitQueen Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Did the people in the WW meeting saying "great job on what you ate yesterday", without having any idea what you ate yesterday? Because that's more what this thread is all about.

You've obviously never been to a ww meeting. Days under and over points are discussed, just not actual food eaten. I have never seen a comment on a closed diary saying good job eating x.