Hypno Band / Gastric Mind Band / Hypnotherapy for weight los

Options
I'd still love to hear from anyone who has tried (or is trying) Hypno Band, or Gastic Mind Band, or whatever else it might be called!! Basically a series of hynotherapy sessions that include one session to fit a "virtual gastric band".
I am somewhere between skeptical and optimistic, with "why not" winning, and have now had two sessions - the "band" will be fitted next week for me.

Check out my blog for more details, and let me know if you have tried this also!!

Cheers from New Zealand! Heather

Replies

• Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Not to be mean, but if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Nothing beats old fashioned diet & exercise.:flowerforyou:
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    lol
  • heathernz
    heathernz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It's not mean - I understand what you are saying - the hypnotherapy doesn't create weight loss, but helping me to change some deep set thinking just might...

I completely agree that it can only ever be less calories consumed and more burned that creates weight loss, but it seems that so far the hypnotherapy is helping me feel full quicker, so I am eating less, and is providing motivation.

Let's consider this an experiment, and just another tool to help :)
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've seen it on tv in Oz but that's about it.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    It's the same as the hypnoses for smokers.
    If you aren't committed to making the change, all the "Positive Suggestions" won't help.
    Meditation on the same positive thoughts would be just as helpful.
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Please don't!! I tried hypnotherapy a couple of years ago for weight loss. I went every Saturday without fail for about 2 months, costing the equivalent of about 175 NZD per session!! I came out feeling relaxed and lovely, but that was because I had been lying in a chair with a blanket over me and my eyes closed for an hour. I lost very little weight, whatever I did lose I put back on again.
    I have come to realise over the years that there is NO quick fix for losing weight, we have to work hard to repair the damage we have done to our bodies, it's as simple as that. Save the money you would have wasted and spend it on some new clothes when you've lost your weight from eating right and exercising. You'll get much more enjoyment out of that, trust me!! :smile:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I am usually quite a sceptic when it comes to plans that sound as though they will relieve you of pounds from your wallet rather than from your rear.

But, I also know that it really helps if you are in the right mental space to lose weight. I can plan to eat well and exercise, but actually DOING it requires me to shift some kind of mental gear to stop just thinking about it and take action.

If paying good money for this program gets you started along that path it might well be a good investment.
    Just don't lose sight of the fact that it the motivation has to come from within you and that once you have finished the "program", you have to continue those good habits.

Good luck!
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I want to speak up for the help hypnosis can be when focusing on goals. I have more than one friend who works in this field (one doing hypnotherapy and one other just learning to do hypnosis but not as a therapist). The latter and I have tried quite a few things, for her to practise, for me because I was curious. Mainly focused on boosting motivation and concentration. It worked well so far. My next try will be to change my cravings for sugar towards more healthy food, and actually I expect it to be working quite well too.

Hypnosis is not able to make you lose weight magically or immediately without doing anything for it, but it can help you to focus on living healthy and do your exercises. That said, I don't pay for it, because its a friend of mine, but if you think that it helps you it might be worth the money. Another close friend of mine stopped smoking that way and she lives in another city, so she went to somebody else and paid for it and she is very happy for more than two years now.

If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a mail.

Best,
    Ellya
  • Bulletproof_Helen
    Bulletproof_Helen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hello, I want to speak up for this too, I bought the iPad app Virtual Gastric Band and I listen to it every night before bed and so far I have lost 7kg in 3 weeks. I don't diet but eat healthy and all home cooked meals, I drink lots more water than I used to and I am exercising.

I know it is each to their own but if it works for you go for it!