back from vacation...

Well, I'm back from my 3 day get-a-way! It was so much fun, and much needed! We were on the go for 3 days straight, which made it really hard to figure how many calories I was burning each day. I did get to the exercise room 1 morning, but their eliptical machine was different than the one I am used to using, and my leg muscles are still in a lot of pain from that. I did find out that the eliptical machines are not all equal! And the calories burned seems way off, then what my YMCA machine usually says, which is making me think I should get a HRM so I know exactly what I am burning.

Anyway, I did ok. 1 day I stayed within my calorie range, the the other two days I went over...kind of a lot over :sad: . Although, like I said, it was hard to really figure my excercise time. But, tomorrow is weigh in day, so I will find out if I gained any weight back. We pretty much ate out the entire time, which is hard when you are on a diet. But I did find some healthy choices! We hit Uno's Chicago grill (my downfall:tongue: ) and that killed my diet on day 2. On day three it was Denny's in the morning that killed me. Anyway, Monday is a new day and back to the regular diet. I have to say, that when you are on a diet, and you do indulge, the food does taste so much better than when I used to eat it all the time!

Replies

• Well, I'm back from my 3 day get-a-way! It was so much fun, and much needed! We were on the go for 3 days straight, which made it really hard to figure how many calories I was burning each day. I did get to the exercise room 1 morning, but their eliptical machine was different than the one I am used to using, and my leg muscles are still in a lot of pain from that. I did find out that the eliptical machines are not all equal! And the calories burned seems way off, then what my YMCA machine usually says, which is making me think I should get a HRM so I know exactly what I am burning.

Anyway, I did ok. 1 day I stayed within my calorie range, the the other two days I went over...kind of a lot over :sad: . Although, like I said, it was hard to really figure my excercise time. But, tomorrow is weigh in day, so I will find out if I gained any weight back. We pretty much ate out the entire time, which is hard when you are on a diet. But I did find some healthy choices! We hit Uno's Chicago grill (my downfall:tongue: ) and that killed my diet on day 2. On day three it was Denny's in the morning that killed me. Anyway, Monday is a new day and back to the regular diet. I have to say, that when you are on a diet, and you do indulge, the food does taste so much better than when I used to eat it all the time!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Welcome back.... Don't worry if you see a gain when you weigh in it'll probably be water retention cause all the extra food you ate.
    Love Uno's too.... yummy:tongue:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Welcome back and I agree!!! water weight is always a culprit!! and also that uno's is yum!
    hugs!
    Ali

ps the twins are sooooooo adorable!!!