2 weeks in and nothing!! help

Options
I am getting discouraged. 2 weeks in and no weight loss, nothing. I have beena averaging 1500 calories and exercising (and I don't count extra calories for exercise because in the past I didn't lose if I added those in). Any normal person would have lost a few pounds by now. I am going to give it 2 more weeks and if nothing happens, go see a doctor about this. And I am taking my metabolism meds and have recently been tested as normal with the meds. Diary is open ....

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Are you peri-menopausal?
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Are you measuring? The scale does not tell the whole story. My first 2 months on MFP I did not lose on the scale but was losing a 1/2 inch to 1 inch a week. Measurements are a much better motivator. Have you ever seen the pictures of people that weigh the same as when they started working out but have lost inches and gained muscle? It is very telling. We all put way to much of our success into the scale.
  • momgorz
    momgorz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am perimenopausal ....
  • momgorz
    Options
    I am not measuring, good thought, I will do that. But my clothes feel the same and usually I can tell....
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Maybe try for a bit more consistency for the next two weeks. You've been under by 200 calories on several days, then over by more than 700. Depending on the day you weigh in, you could weigh more just because of extra food in your system or water weight from a workout the day before. What exercise do you do?
  • lucymtodd
    lucymtodd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've had a quick look at your diary, you don't seem to be recording fluid calories. You'll be surprised how much calories/sugar/fat you can consume in your beverages without even knowing it.
  • momgorz
    Options
    I vary my exercise. Eliptical (20 minute HIT training) and then additional 10 plus weights or treadmill (walk or walk/run) and weights and then sometimes walk outside.
  • momgorz
    Options
    I record any fluids that have calories (I.E. McDonalds sugar free coffee, skim milk, beer, juice). Otherwise I drink water, lifewater or diet coke and I don't record those.
  • momgorz
    Options
    Understand about consistancy, though I have read and been told that sometimes it is better to mix up (more some days and less others). As long as the average for the week is good, I should still be losing weight. I should be allowed to eat more on some days and less on others, that is rea life.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am perimenopausal ....
    Things got very slllllowwwwwww for me when peri menopause hit. I just didn't lose weight like I used to.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I am getting discouraged. 2 weeks in and no weight loss, nothing. I have beena averaging 1500 calories and exercising (and I don't count extra calories for exercise because in the past I didn't lose if I added those in). Any normal person would have lost a few pounds by now. I am going to give it 2 more weeks and if nothing happens, go see a doctor about this. And I am taking my metabolism meds and have recently been tested as normal with the meds. Diary is open ....

I think your plan of giving it two more weeks is good. I lose in fits and starts. But over a month it averages out to what the numbers predict, usually. I think it's water games. Lose fat, gain water... eventually your body ejects the water and the scale catches up.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Try less sugar, you're over just about every day by 30 grams or so. That's probably not THE answer, but one of the improvements you could make.
  • momgorz
    Options
    Most of the sugar is from fruit, so I guess at this point I am not willing to give that up yet....
  • momgorz
    Options
    Any ideas on how to speed it up?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Technically it may not make so much difference, but to me the macronutrient ratio looks off. I am in the camp of 1g protein\lbs bodyweight, .5g fat\lbs bodyweight, enough carbs for energy and sanity, and then fill in anything above that with whatever you like. My protein is even a bit higher as I am going for muscle preservation while cutting fat, but for 2k cals based off my weight of 180lbs last time i did my plan, I do 200 pro, 100 cho, 89 fat
  • LoganRyan1
    Options
    are you eating 6-7 meals a day ? and eating each meal every 2-3 hours ?
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    are you eating 6-7 meals a day ? and eating each meal every 2-3 hours ?

irrelevant
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Any ideas on how to speed it up?

Diuretics

Probably not really what you're looking for. But it's probably water weight that will come off on its own if you're patient.