I will never forgive my hubby for this!

Options
Yesterday my hubby mentioned how good these two work together... stupid me, I tried it today, and I'm in love!!! <3

15g smooth peanut butter 91cal
15g chocolate and hazelnut spread 87cal
1 slice of low cal toast 51cal
=
HEAVEN

calories> 229
(good for a quick afternoon-post workout-on the run- snack)

Replies

• GermanicKnight
    Options
    I would divorce him for such things!

Now I have to try it. Sounds amazing!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    It is DELICIOUS!!!! Add some Sliced Banana on top and its even better.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying that spread, i found myself eating it out of the jar with everything from cookies to a spoon!! its toooo good!!!!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Did he really have to do that. I love Nutella! Now when I get home I am going to combine it with peanut butter and pretend it is a Reese's cup. He is so wrong for introducing you; and now us to something so right!!! :love:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Wow...I bet that is good...I actually just tried the chocolate hazelnut spread(Nutella) a few weeks back and now I am totally addicted...I am scared to try it with peanut butter b/c if I like that as much as the other it will become my new addiction which is more calories than by itself...lol

I would never forgive your hubby either!! Bad bad man!! LOL

ETA: Btw, thanks for sharing it with us now...Not sure if I will forgive you for this either...:laugh:
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Have you tried PB2? It's got way less calories than "regular" peanut butter and they have a chocolate version as well....would take the calorie count down on this treat! :wink:
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I mix PB2 into Nutella.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I use cashew butter.......can't believe you posted this.
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I've done that before....and I've also put them on top of the chocolate rice cakes. YUM!
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Those are the two products I no longer allow in my house as I have no self control around them!!

Whenever I make anything my son with nutella, a finger always happens to sneak into the pot!!

Plus my youngest is allergic to nuts so after a couple of slips with me kissing him after eating either and slight swelling - it's a great reason to keep them outside.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat that every day for my morning snack. I use 1tbs PB & 1/2tbs Nutella & 50 calorie whole wheat toast. Less than 150 calories.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    And try Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter instead of Nutella... way less sugar (Nutella is essentially cake frosting... delicious, but crazy high in sugar). Delish!
  • Lizzie_FL
    Lizzie_FL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing, i love the hazelnut spread, too!! I found this website last week "chocolate covered Katie" she had a recipe to make your own spread and it looked pretty easy and it was healthier.

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/09/better-than-nutella/
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Gross. Nutella tastes like @$$.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I can't even get near Nutella it's just too dangerous for me. I could eat that stuff on everything! Never buying it again though because I have no control when it comes to that. (Drooling right now)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options

^^^^ This!! ^^^^

: D
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    (Deleting... somehow I posted my reply twice!)
  • empeyl
    empeyl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    you should try it with two plain rice cakes, peanut butter and nutella.....yummm yummm seems like your eating more then just one piece of toast
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I just checked out the Chocolate Covered Katie Nutella recipe, looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Totally done this with the banana and agreed oh so good!!!!!!