Only 16 lbs lost but very happy with results so far {pic}

Options
I was getting discouraged with the stupid scale but after seeing my progress in pictures I feel much better. Even though I've only lost 16 lbs, I workout almost everyday so I can see a difference in my body shape and I'm very happy with it! I also feel a ton better since I've made a lifestyle change to eat better and exercise. MFP has truly helped, especially the amazing support from my MFP friends. Thank you! The journey continues....:wink:

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Ok, hold on, my pic must be too big cuz one of the photos isn't showing. :grumble:
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don't say ONLY 16lbs, you've done a great job and are already seeing the results. Well done :smile:
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the good work!!
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Thanks ladies!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Lift a 15 pound weight and that is what you don't carry around anymore!! Congrats:drinker:
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You're doing GREAT! Be proud cuz 16lbs is a LOTTA weight! Keep up the good work!
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote this morning that kind of sums it up. Not an exact quote, but it read something like:

The scale can only give you a numerical reflection of your relationship with gravity. That’s it. It cannot measure beauty, talent, purpose, life force, possibility, strength, or love. Don’t give the scale more power than it has earned. Take note of the number, then get off the scale and live your life.

Pretty good advice.
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    WTG! 16 lbs is a great start. And just remember that "pounds" dont compare to "inches"

You are probably seeing a better result in your photos cause youve dropped so many inches from your body :) good luck!

You look awesome.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Someone posted in another thread about going to the store and putting 11 pounds of butter in her cart. That showed her just how much weight she had really lost. As I'm currently at 11 pounds lost since starting MFP that helped me too. So just know, 16 pounds is a lot! You have accomplished a lot, good job!!
  • hahandel
    hahandel Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love your daughters pink dress!
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Well done - you can clearly see the changes. I understand what you mean when you say 'only' 16lbs. I guess it is a lot of weight, but I suppose it also depends on how much you have to lose.

I feel I haven't lost as much weight as I have inches, 21 lbs in nearly 6 months I think for me is rubbish (I started out at 219.5lbs) BUT I have gone down 2 dress sizes and feel more toned (still a very long way to go).

Well done and keep at it. x
  • nurseangy1
    nurseangy1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! it's hard to believe you have only lost 16 pounds!!! you look awesome!!! :)
  • hippyrejected
    hippyrejected Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done so far, you look great! I cant wait until I have reached 16lbs lost :)
  • lauras777
    lauras777 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Slow and steady is the way to keep it off! :smile:
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    16 lbs is a awesome achievement, great job!!
  • happyceliza
    happyceliza Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Well done!!
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain

Interesting comparison...lol
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Btw, I'm proud of my 16 lbs. and think we should all be proud of any weight loss. I just said "only" because in this section of the community pages it seems like most people are posting pretty large weight losses. Thanks everyone for the continued support! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!