Weight conversion Chart For Us Brits ;o)

Options
Just found this which is more accurate, you dont need to put in a "weight" in lbs to convert into stone as ive found at least 3 different sites gave a different reading!

Anyway, this one is accurate to my scales (mine does lb,stone and kgs) and its a tesco diets chart and we all know tescos and like they say...... every little helps lol!

Replies

• twee3
    twee3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just change your settings to Metric. Oops sorry too tired didn't fully understand. The whole stone instead of kg confuses me
  • Char_marcus
    Char_marcus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    there are 14lbs to stone, as long as you know that it's simple
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    there are 14lbs to stone, as long as you know that it's simple

...and 2.2lbs to 1kg if you want to go from imperial to metric.
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    yes i know theres 14lb to the stone and 2.2lb to 1kg, just informing people that theres a web site just a click away stating where they are, not all people are quick at simple maths like me for instance with getting an ungraded for maths GCSE 21 years ago in maths exam and yes i have learnt alot since then but when you are heavy and need to loose alot (me for example to loose 5 stone to look and feel good and to fit in n not too look like an outcast), its a hell of alot easier looking at a table ;o)

just wish that this web site had a stone feature as well as lb/kg so everyone is catered for as us people who live in the uk are missing out on the option - just saying and not to cause a riot, just wanna help people.
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do my weight in pounds but find it a it a bit difficult to relate to and get the calculator out to convert it to stones to work out the extent of the issue :smile:
    Options
    ive always been brought up with stones, only started with pounds 4 weeks ago when i started this plan, had a good loss in that time and its nice to know that when im at a certain lb to know what it is in stones.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I understand stones & lbs... But thank you for posting this!! Iv just looked at the link and it does seem really accurate! Il definatly use this from now on... :)

To the people trying to put it into basics, although some people get it, some people don't the poster was just trying to help :)

x
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Question: are your scales in "stones" too? Seriously want to know.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Options
    yea mine are but beside the point, i can easily do it myself but sometimes cant be bothered lol or have the chance yes i know its a matter of seconds to do but when you are a single parent of 3 young children and 1 of mine is disabled (which is no ones business only mine as this is suppose to be a diet site) time is tight, and other people may have a lb only scales, just wish people stop digging and understand that all i intended to do it help other users.

thanks nicola ;o)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yep!!

I am originally from Australia so grew up with kgs so get really confused with the use of stones on the scales. Went and bought an electric one that I can set to either lbs or kgs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

IDEA Fitness member
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    British scales are usually in stones and Kgs, I always use the stones reading and convert, if you are only losing 1 lb a week its easy to keep track.
  • tonyaf78
    tonyaf78 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    which countries use stones and which use kgs? and should we start putting lbs, stones, and kgs when we post? I guess i don't know the proper international web etiquette... hahaha :ohwell: :huh:
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Yep!
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    My scales are in pounds, stones and kilos but because of this site I have set them to pounds but in the UK 200 pounds for example is meanless to me. I need to convert it to stones to work out where I am weightwise :flowerforyou:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued that you found some conversion charts were inaccurate - given that its just a mathematical calculation I would have expected all sources to be the same.

Though some people get confused when it comes to half stones - if it's for example 10 1/2 stone, that's 10 stone 7 lbs, or 10.5 stone using decimals. So that might lead to different readings.

Oh, I'm in the Uk and I can set my scale to read in pounds, kilograms, or stones (stones and pounds, to be precise)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Mine are in stones, kilos and lbs but when ever anyone asks how much weight ive lost i always say 41/2 stone not 62lbs
    brought up in old money :bigsmile:
    I will post in the techie section to see if it could be done
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It was the converting pounds to stones that scared me onto using MFP. I weighed in for a post-Christmas "biggest loser" challenge. Bit of laugh in the office did not plan to take it too seriously, just say no to a few cakes and biscuits.

I got back to my desk and converted the value in pounds to stones and pounds and nearly fell off my chair (Luckily for me it had not broken under the load)

So I quite like converting lbs to st and lb reminds me of how this all started.

Conversion with a calc take the number in lb - divide by 14 say this is 15.5 take off the whole number (This is the number of stone) then multiply the remainder by 14, this is the pounds.... clear as mud
  • jchocchip
    jchocchip Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh on my wii fit and the English version has the option of stones or kgs, not lbs so I always weigh in stones and have to convert (multiply by 14 and add on the loose lbs) to get my lbs number to enter into mfp. I never knew anyone who weighed in lbs before mfp!