NSV - what a difference 30 days makes

Options
shrednyc85
shrednyc85 Posts: 46 Member
I just completed the 30 Day Shred, and while I definitely have toned up quite a bit, the biggest victory me is actually *feeling* fit and strong again.

My history was that I swam competitively my entire life straight through college. I competed on the national level, and at the height of my career was in the pool 3+ hours a day, plus doing weights and other land training. Needless to say I was very fit and strong. After college, I remained very active until 3 years ago when I had a baby. I became completely and utterly out of shape. And I know this will sound VERY strange, but I actually became fearful of swimming because I felt so weak I was scared I would drown. Given my history that was a pretty demoralizing feeling.

Fast forward to today, after having done the 30 Day Shred plus tennis once per week, I feel much much stronger! Exercise is now a part of my life and soon I may just get back in the pool! Additionally, I have a new goal related to tennis which is a championship I want to compete in one year from now.

Very big NSV for me!

Replies

• Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is so good to hear! I am on day 4 of the 30ds. Glad to hear from someone who completed it and feels stronger for doing so. Good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!