Whats good to snack on?

Options
I seem to be constantly eating but am still always hungry and theres only so many nuts and pieces of fruit that i can eat in a day. So whats good to snack on people? :)

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I snack on grape tomatoes and radishes. Along with some dill pickles midgets and sweet pickle midgets. Very low calorie and yummy
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I seem to be constantly eating but am still always hungry and theres only so many nuts and pieces of fruit that i can eat in a day. So whats good to snack on people? :)
    I eat those Cliff bars in the place of what I used to gorge.
    Not as good as whole food choices for sure, but much better than cookies, doughnuts or fried whatever on a stick.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    My new favorite lately has been string cheese and boiled eggs. Fairly low calories and lots of protein.
  • tikamacphee
    Options
    I have a little tub that I try and fill each morning with fruits :)
  • SamanthaYeaton
    Options
    organic baby carrots and Cedar's garden vegetable hummus. I love that it's crunchy and savory.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I was going to say boiled eggs, low fat cheese, carrots, cottage cheese, yogurt, smoothie...I really like the Odwalla bars. They're pretty filling.
  • priddy_girl
    priddy_girl Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wasa Crisp Bread and Laughing Cow Cheese! YUM! :smile:
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    baby carrots and hummus......those mini sweet peppers, greek yogurt, and if you are a carb fanatic like me I love a handful of wheat thins or triscuits. They have so many flavors.

I also eat fruit...I know most people flip out over the sugar but fruit is better than brownies or cookies(which to be honset I have been snacking on lately...I've been slacking lol)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    string cheese, raw veggies, almonds, small apples, edamame (i like them in the pods), vanilla greek yogurt with various bits of things mixed in, sometimes granola bars, tortilla chips (I have a salt 'thing')
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    ..... a lot of raw veggies with a bit of hummus ...... a few reduced-fat crackers w/PB or SF jam ..... a slice of deli turkey or a HB egg ..... a cheesestick or Laughing Cow wedge ......
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I just brought an entire pound bag of carrots to snack on at the office. Even if I eat the whole bag, it's only 175 calories - and that's A LOT of carrots.

I also like eating pretzels. The thin giant ones are my favorite - they crunch so well! You can add a bit of PB if you want.

In general, I like to snack all day too - I try to set times for myself, so when I want a snack at 2, I just tell myself that I have to wait until 3 or 3:30. Or if I still really want something in 15 minutes I can have my snack. In the meantime, I'll just drink water to see if I am just thirsty.
  • amandainez08
    amandainez08 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the protien or fiber bars? I ate half of one one time and it was so dense that it actually kept me full. Plus you have those 100 calorie snacks. I like the Special K stuff (I like them all)! Also, if you want something low calories, I will take grape tomatoes and half them (so I think I'm eating more), and just put some salt and pepper on it. My daughter and I can chow down on those!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, sliced cucumbers, and Clif Bars (I eat a Luna bar most everyday). Wasabi edamame, Snyders of Hanover Eat Smart Veggie Sticks and air popped popcorn (seasoned with Smart Balance Spray and Mrs. Dash Table Blend).
  • chenrytc2
    chenrytc2 Posts: 48
    Options
    Celery is a good "filler" to hold you over. Your jaws will give out before you eat enough celery to hurt your calorie intake. Also, make sure you are keeping your insulin levels stable. If don't, you will crash and feel hungry.

I use babby carrots and celery. I weigh them and put them in a sandwich bag for "quick" grabs. I label them with the amount of calories, brand name (for logging), and number of servings.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas so far. Now in the in the process of writing my new improved shopping list. :)
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, mini babybel cheese, or pretzel crisps.
  • boschbrianna
    boschbrianna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Quackers Snack size rice cakes, satisfies any craving whether it be sour cream and onion flavor or chocolate. 100 calories a bag low on sugar very tasty and crunchy :-)
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Celery is a good "filler" to hold you over. Your jaws will give out before you eat enough celery to hurt your calorie intake. Also, make sure you are keeping your insulin levels stable. If don't, you will crash and feel hungry.

I use babby carrots and celery. I weigh them and put them in a sandwich bag for "quick" grabs. I label them with the amount of calories, brand name (for logging), and number of servings.

Maybe im eating too much fruit which is making crave more food. i dont know. :ohwell:
  • claire3000006
    claire3000006 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    roasted soy beans/edemame/soya nuts - whatever you call them these are really good. nice and crunchy and high in protein and fibre (and very low in fat compared to nuts). food doctor make them in the uk but supermarkets usually have their own brand so i'm sure they'll have them in the us somewhere.

http://www.thefooddoctor.com/SAVOURY-ROASTED-SOYA-150g-TUB-PSAVRSOYATUB/