52 days till 30...need a push

Options
I think a group will help, if anyone is interested. I have just a mere 52 days till my 30th birthday...which in the beginning was my goal to be at a healthy BMI. Unfortunately I succeeded and failed a couple of times so now I'm just hoping to be under 200 by then.

Starting Weight 234
Goal Weight 199

I'm started D-day off with a big water and a trip to the gym. I need this.

Daily Goal- Drink 10 8oz glasses of water (it will be well over a 100 today so this should not be difficult.)

Replies

• Sara29to30
    Sara29to30 Posts: 33
    Options
    Drinking water was a snap... Day 2 goal
    Log food, all food...every last bite
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You can do - and after a while you can be addicted to logging food like the rest of us lol...if you need a friend send me a request :) I'll help push you! :)
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the Jillians michaels 30 day shred and ripped in 30 today, you can find the videos free on youtube if you wanna join me =]
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Good job! Drinking enough water is like magic for weight loss! And logging food keeps you honest and accountable to yourself. You're doing it right, so just keep doing it! BTW, 30 is when it starts getting real good ;) So it's nice to feel good in your body!
  • Pinky1147
    Pinky1147 Posts: 105
    Options
    Good luck you can do ti! I had the same idea before I hit 30, but fell off the bandwagon. But I KNOW i will be at my goal by 31. lol
  • Sara29to30
    Options
    The last two days have been suprizingly awesome!!! I have been getting my water in, logging all my food and today's dreaded goal ......

AVOID WORK SNACKS AND FREEBIES

I'm not sure if anyone else is derailed by all the temptations brought into their workplace, but I sure am. It seems like every other week we are being treated with cake, pizza, taquitos or some other guilty pleasure by either my clinic director, the medical director or an imaging company. Yes its nice to avoid eating my lame TV dinner or leftovers, but its not good for me or my waist line.
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    Hi there - well done for logging the food and getting the water in! Water is also good for the skin not just for the waist :smile:

I've got 6 months till my 30th and I was so happy that I reached my ideal weight by 31st May.
    Unfortunately I've weighted my self today and I've gained 3kg (don't know how that's possible... maybe some of it it's water retention). :cry:

I tend to avoid getting the treats - even if people insist on taking it home with me. I tell them that I can't eat sweets and that nobody will eat it at home so it's better to leave it for somebody else. After a couple of months of this conversation, my colleagues will now tell me that there are treats in the kitchen but they know that I'm a health freak so they won't push me to have something. One of them has even brought me a healthier snack once, which I've taken but and put on my desk (in a place I can't see it) and totally forgot about it.

I also ensure that I take fruit with me (something I hadn't done for the past few weeks) and healthy snacks so as to avoid the temptations at work.

There are times that a colleague will bring a cake and insist I should try it - I will politely say that I'm not a fan of whatever seems to be the main ingredient :wink:
  • Sara29to30
    Options
    Hi there - well done for logging the food and getting the water in! Water is also good for the skin not just for the waist :smile:

I've got 6 months till my 30th and I was so happy that I reached my ideal weight by 31st May.
    Unfortunately I've weighted my self today and I've gained 3kg (don't know how that's possible... maybe some of it it's water retention). :cry:

I tend to avoid getting the treats - even if people insist on taking it home with me. I tell them that I can't eat sweets and that nobody will eat it at home so it's better to leave it for somebody else. After a couple of months of this conversation, my colleagues will now tell me that there are treats in the kitchen but they know that I'm a health freak so they won't push me to have something. One of them has even brought me a healthier snack once, which I've taken but and put on my desk (in a place I can't see it) and totally forgot about it.

I also ensure that I take fruit with me (something I hadn't done for the past few weeks) and healthy snacks so as to avoid the temptations at work.

There are times that a colleague will bring a cake and insist I should try it - I will politely say that I'm not a fan of whatever seems to be the main ingredient :wink:

I hope I can get my coworkers to realize that I'm back to healthy soon too...I think if I keep turning things down I will have the same outcome as you. I know they dont truely mind that I'm not eating the junk beause it leaves more for them. I work with some hungry food loving souls. :)
  • Sara29to30
    Options
    Day 4....Oh dreaded Tipico's. I love Mexican food, but the bowl of chips always does me in. Today at my weekly lunch date with my good friend Maria I am passing up the chip bowl and just enjoy my fajita chicken, oinion, bell pepper and maybe one tortilla. This will be a HUGE test of my willpower. The rice is no good for me, either are the beans....yikes I'm nervous. I thought about trying to get her to go somewhere else but she has her heardt set on this lovely little hole in the wall.

It amazes me how much of my world revolves around where and what I am going to eat. I always seem to be concerned with it. I hope my mind will latch on to a bigger variety as my body changes and my habits.
  • Sara29to30
    Options
    Happy 4th!!! and day 5...so maybe this hasn't been quite the board I had hoped for with many other like goaled people encouraging each other with simple daily goals but alas its helping me.

Yesterday could have been a bust but it wasn't. I did go out to Lunch to the best Mexican hole in the wall close to work but I did not enduldge like normal. Instead I had only one tortilla, maybe 10 chips at most and enjoyed my chicken, onion and bell peppers.

To make things even better I held a kick *kitten* pace while hiking in the evening. My legs felt the pain of gain this morning when I tried to get out of bed.

Today, being a holiday, needs a more directly related goal....stay away from too many sweets and too many beers...its that simple.
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    Well done and keep up the good work Sara!!!

Remember to have some more water when you go out for dinner or just drinks
    And also drink some more water when you are having alcohol :drinker:

I have been having a so and so week... I felt so motivated to start but after having a 12 hour day at work yesterday I just didn't have the energy to work out. Need to start immediately! Definitely going for swimming the next couple of days so hopefully that will help to burn some calories!

Have a nice day :flowerforyou:
  • kellie0407
    kellie0407 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just seen this topic and wondered how many days it is until my big 30.... 52 days... are you kidding me!!! :noway: That woke me up, thanks for the kick! :laugh:
    You're doing a great job, well done for not overdoing it on the mexican food keep it up.
    Time to get back on my bike literally! :happy:
  • Sara29to30
    Options
    Thank you all for the support....

I did better than I expected in some ways yesterday, but over did it at dinner. Mom choose spaggetti and meatballs. it was so good! I kept my portion under control but the bruschetta I made pushed me over where I wanted to be for the day.

However today's weigh in rocked! Feeling good and smaller!

Today the goal is make a reward lists. I love having a tangible goal...I think most people do....instead of pounds off...I will base mine of percentages.
  • auntie_mush
    Options
    Hey... it's been some time since your last post!
    Hope all is well!