43 Lost, Progress and question...

Options
fugaj01
fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
Hi All. My brief story is this.
In January I decided I could not be fat any more.

I was in bad health, couldn't play with the kids, tired all the time. I did not know what i was doing but decided to try to lose weight. Nothing worked before. I read some fad stuff and started a protein water fast one to two days a week and started MFP doing 1200 cal a day. I lost weight (10lbs) in a few weeks then hit a brick wall that lasted about 3-4 weeks. All this time not using the Pals part of MFP. Just logging. Well I was starting to fall into my typical weight loss issue. Dieting was hard and I felt like i was starving. I did not want to feel hungry for the rest of my life.

I started getting into the forums and reading stuff and finding friends. Probably close to 5 months ago I saw Helloitsdan talk alot in the forums about TDEE and BMR and did not know what any of that meant at first, but found his information very interesting. Looked it all up. PMed him and asked him to run my numbers. he did, and I got into the Fuel the Machine group and learned alot about better macros and eating 20% less than TDEE. I had been doing the lifting heavy and HIIT cardio, working out 3 times a week ( until i hurt my achilies- getting back in slowly). With all that knowledge I learned from Dan and information he has shared that led me to read Marks Daily Apple and Lean Gains, SL5x5, I have lost 33 lbs more and pretty painlessly since then. It is a little slower than I would have ever expected, but it is consisten (even when I cannot work out hard). I will take slow fat loss that is really painless, consistent and not depriving over starving myself and being miserable. I have finally learned things that work for me.

I have lost 43 lbs in all, and 33 with the help of the information I learned from Dan. I love my friends on this site. You all inspire me and keep me motivated. I learn from you. I love seeing everyones success.

What is working for you and where or who did you learn from?

Any other folks out there been successful with Helloitsdan's help?

I am now more than half way to my goal. I have lots of energy, I have all great numbers at my last dr. appt for bloodwork- best in years. I am playing with my kids and my kids say I am getting smaller. lol.
I am thankful I found MFP, and that I found friends like Dan to get me on the right path.

I will post a few before and after pics after I have lost 50 lbs. Still a little too self conscious right now. ;)

<3 to you all.

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!
    Clapping.gif
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 43 pound loss! :) It sounds like you are on track. It will be fun to see before and afters! :)
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Congratulates this site has really been a godsend I'm glad it's working great for you.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    Dan's a good man. I'm glad you were able to succeed!
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    <snip>

I am now more than half way to my goal. I have lots of energy, I have all great numbers at my last dr. appt for bloodwork- best in years. I am playing with my kids and my kids say I am getting smaller. lol.
    I am thankful I found MFP, and that I found friends like Dan to get me on the right path.
    <snip>

Congratulations on your success!!! I posted my story about getting help from Dan in another thread, so I won't bore everyone here, but I'm 1000% in the same camp as you in feeling so incredibly lucky and grateful that I found Dan and the information and support he (and so many others in the Fuel the Machine group) provide. Awesome job giving him the credit he deserves. No matter how many times people spout junk, he patiently offers support and facts to try and help people do this the right way. Patience of a saint!
  • fugaj01
    Options
    <snip>

<snip>

Congratulations on your success!!! I posted my story about getting help from Dan in another thread, so I won't bore everyone here, but I'm 1000% in the same camp as you in feeling so incredibly lucky and grateful that I found Dan and the information and support he (and so many others in the Fuel the Machine group) provide. Awesome job giving him the credit he deserves. No matter how many times people spout junk, he patiently offers support and facts to try and help people do this the right way. Patience of a saint!

Thanks a ton. He is great and even though people fight him, he still tries to help.
  • fugaj01
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!!
    Clapping.gif

Thanks Dan! you crack me up. <3

:flowerforyou:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's impossible to lose more by eating more.
    I read it on the internet.

Awesome work :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

What about genetic freaks?
    Or
    People resetting leptin?
    ;D
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

What about genetic freaks?
    Or
    People resetting leptin?
    ;D

and special snowflakes.
  • dmgwalsh
    dmgwalsh Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations. I am new on the boards here. Dan has already sent me some advice, answering my cry in the wilderness and I am curious as to how to move forward. What is the fuel the machine group.

Dan already sent me a Lyle McDonald link and I was looking at some of that stuff last night.

Thanks for any direction.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Doing my Happy Dance for you ....... great job !

GoGranny.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!