Four weeks....two pounds each week!

Options
I am now a true believer in this site. I checked in this morning and now I am down eight pounds! I have been using this site for four weeks now and I have lost two pounds each week! It's so good to know that my hard work is paying off! Even on the days when my eating isn't the greatest, I exercise to make up those calorie overages. Oh, this feels so good!

Newbies.....it works. Stick to your caloric intake and exercise for 30 minutes 5-7 days per week. That's all I've done. I still eat my pizza (I love it and can't imagine life without it), girl scout cookies and Cherry Coke. I just stick to the serving size and it's all good. If I were to put pizza, cookies and soda into the "Can't Eat" column, I would not have been successful at all. I eat the foods I love in moderation.

Wow, it really feels great! :bigsmile:

Replies

• shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Great job so far!! I definately agree, this site is AWESOME!!
    You cannot deprive yourself of everything, just choose wisely and everything in moderation. If you allow yourself that one cookie now, you'll be less likely to eat the whole entire package later when you are going through "sweets" withdrawl.

Keep up the good work, and don't get down on yourself when the numbers start getting lower, the first few weeks you'll see bigger numbers. Once they start to lessen, change up your routine or eating habits so your body doesn't get used to things.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It really does feel great to see the pounds coming off, doesn't it? I know I do my best too when I let myself eat what I want in moderation vs not eating anything I want. It's like they say - eating right and being healthy is a lifestyle, not a "diet." (I hate that word anyway.. lol) Keep up the great work!
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I agree with everyone's comment! I love MFP, it truly teaches you about moderation, portion control and accountability for what you are putting into your body. Keep up the good work!! :smile:
  • jenners22
    Options
    Thank you all for the support! I have a great feeling that with this site, I will be able to get to a healthy weight! :smooched:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am now a true believer in this site. I checked in this morning and now I am down eight pounds! I have been using this site for four weeks now and I have lost two pounds each week! It's so good to know that my hard work is paying off! Even on the days when my eating isn't the greatest, I exercise to make up those calorie overages. Oh, this feels so good!

Newbies.....it works. Stick to your caloric intake and exercise for 30 minutes 5-7 days per week. That's all I've done. I still eat my pizza (I love it and can't imagine life without it), girl scout cookies and Cherry Coke. I just stick to the serving size and it's all good. If I were to put pizza, cookies and soda into the "Can't Eat" column, I would not have been successful at all. I eat the foods I love in moderation.

Wow, it really feels great! :bigsmile:

excellent work! my first few weeks i lost 5 lbs, it felt amazing. i restarted my ticker cause i haven't lost for a while. but keep at it!!! we can do it!
  • jenners22
    Options
    Yes we can. I've been slighty thrown off because I hurt my knee last week, but I am still able to use my elliptical machine, so I'm happy with that :laugh:
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I too have been on this site and eating healthy and exercising for four weeks, and I've also lost eight pounds!

It is great, I'm so close to being a size smaller already!

Also, I eat the things I want in moderation as well. I also never make myself go famished. If I'm really hungry (real hunger, not just bored) I let myself eat but make sure to eat healthier alternatives.