does anyone have any good dessert recipes for THANKSGIVING?

Options
healthy and delicious?

i want to make something that i can enjoy wihtout guilt.:happy:

Replies

• guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    OK this has always been my favorite Bday cake since I was little. I tweeked the recipe to include sugar free jello and fat free cool whip.
    Jello angel Food cake
    1 angel food cake (let sit out over night to harded up alittle0
    2 Small boxs jello raspberry or strawberry
    Dissolve Jello in 1 Cup hot water
    Add 2 1/2 Cups cold water
    chill intil it just starts to set
    Then whip till light pink in colorand very airy (about 10 to 15 minutes)
    Cut cake in chuncks (small)
    Add to jello and mix
    pour in an angel food cake pan and chill overnight (you can also put in a 9x13 pan for faster setting)
    frost with the cool whip.
    This is so good and light and airy and only has about 85 cals per serving (and thats if you make the cake 12 servings which is a big peice of cake.
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    we're thinking about doing Chocolate Fondue for Christmas, and dipping fresh fruit. using Fat Free whipping cream, and marshmallows, and just follow the fondue pot recipe (I got the fondue pot from Target for about $25-30) and the recipe came in the box. SO good! We got Strawberries, and bananas, and all sorts of fruit (no canned fruit- it doesn't stay on the fork). I didn't feel bad about the chocolate - since you don't get too much -and you split it out...
  • bikinibrooke123
    Options
    please include nuetrition facts:)
  • guidosgal
    Options
    This is for the jello cake add 15 more cals if you put 2 Tablespoon of fat free cool whip on each peice
    Total 88 Cals 0.2 grams of fat
    12 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 73.7

Total Fat 0.2 g

Saturated Fat 0.0 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g

Cholesterol 0.0 mg

Sodium 9.7 mg

Potassium 0.1 mg

Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g

Dietary Fiber 0.4 g

Sugars 0.0 g

Protein 1.8 g
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    the nutrition on the fondue would vary based on what you used. The recipe calls for milk chocolate, whipping cream, marshmallows and milk. I tried using skim milk, but I think we used regular whipping cream... It was a Rival fondue pot, might have the recipe info on their website, but the recipe I have did not include nutrition info. Sorry!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    OK this has always been my favorite Bday cake since I was little. I tweeked the recipe to include sugar free jello and fat free cool whip.
    Jello angel Food cake
    Add to jello and mix
    pour in an angel food cake pan and chill overnight (you can also put in a 9x13 pan for faster setting)
    This is so good and light and airy and only has about 85 cals per serving (and thats if you make the cake 12 servings which is a big peice of cake.

OH MY GOSH :love:

I'm so making this **tomorrow**! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kaylarose123
    kaylarose123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    pumpkin pie CHEESECAKE! yummmay!!

A low-fat, low-carb dessert or snack that is a good source of protein and vitamin A. Serve with a tablespoon of whipped topping, and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs. (From ediets.com)

Ingredients
    16 oz fat-free cream cheese, softened
    1/16 cup sugar (use 1/2 cup Splenda)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup egg beaters
    1/2 cup pumpkin
    1/3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    1/3 cup graham crumbs
    1/2 cup light Cool Whip
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until blended

Blend in eggs but don?t beat

Remove 1 cup of batter and stir in canned pumpkin and spice

Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and sprinkle in graham crumbs evenly to make a crust

Pour remaining batter into pan, then top with pumpkin batter

Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes, or until center is set

Refrigerate for three hours or overnight

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 109.8g
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 107Calories from Fat 17
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 1.9g3%
    Saturated Fat 1.1g5%
    Trans Fat 0.0g
    Cholesterol 4mg1%
    Sodium 373mg16%
    Total Carbohydrates 12.2g4%
    Dietary Fiber 0.7g3%
    Sugars 4.1g
    Protein 10.2g
    Vitamin A 58% • Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 11% • Iron 3%
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Jello angel Food cake
    Add to jello and mix

I made this a couple days ago and it was good, but the next one I make will be with lemon jello. And also, I'm going to mix the whipped jello with the whipped topping. My bf and I agree we think it will be better that way.
    Also the cake I made had far more calories per 1/12 recipe than 80. 1/12 of the lowest calorie angel food cake I could find has 105 calories (the other had 140 per 1/12) so I'm confused about how you managed to get 1/12 of the cake with the jello & whipped topping to be 85 calories. Mine ends up being 150 (um, which is still awesome). Is there a certain brand of angel food cake you buy?

I mean, 1/12 of the recipe is a *big* slice. I've actually been eating 1/24 of it as a serving. The calories are low, regardless, I was just wondering if there's a specific cake you use. Thanks!

I also wanted to add that it was the very first time I have ever made Jello. I've always been kind of freaked out by it. :laugh: So, thanks for the new experience. I'm much more at ease with it being whipped. I had no idea you could even do that to Jello. :laugh:
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    bump
  • guidosgal
    Options
    :bigsmile: I was calculating form a recipe web site which said a 12oz prepared angel food cake had 72 cals per serving. But after reading your post a checked and the calorie range from about 72 to 140 depending on the cake you buy (:noway: I never thought about that) Any ways I found a recipe for sugarfree angel food cake which would knock the calorie below the 85 mark (but I would not want to make the angelfood cake part.) I am glad you enjoyed it and had some fun as to how to make it better.
    Here is the sugar free cake recipe. I am glad you can accept jello for who it is now :bigsmile: I dont like Jello either (Blech)
    Angel Food Cake

1 cup cake flour
    1 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1/4 cup sugar twin
    1 cup egg whites (8 to 10 eggs)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Sift 1/8 cup Sugar Twin and flour together four times. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Add remaining sugar a little at a time, beating in well. Add flavorings and beat until very stiff. Fold flour into egg white and sugar mixture, sifting small amounts at a time. Pour into 10-inch ungreased tube pan. Cut through with a spatula to remove air bubbles. Bake at 275 degrees for 30 minutes, then raise the heat to 300 degrees and bake until done. Invert pan over bottle neck for one hour before removing form pan. Makes 12 servings.

Nutritional Information (1 serving):
    Calories: 44
    Carbohydrate: 7 grams
    Protein: 3 grams
    Fat: trace
    Saturated Fat: trace
    Cholesterol: 0 mg
    Fiber: trace
    Sodium: 44 mg
    Potassium: 91 mg
    Calcium: 7 mg
    Exchanges: 1/2 starch
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Lemon Icebox Pie (very easy)

1 shortbread pie crust
    2 egg yolks
    1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 - 3/4 cup real lemon juice (depending on how tangy you want it)
    Fat free Cool Whip for topping

Blend egg yolks, milk, and lemon juice together. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Chill in fridge for a couple of hours. Top with 2 tablespoons Cool Whip just as you are about to serve it. It will get kind of soggy if you top it too early. Makes 8 servings.

297 calories
    6 fat
    18 carbs
    37 sugar
    136 sodium
    6.5 protein
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not trying to hijack the thread.

But, I made my idea of the lemony jello angel food cake and it is AWESOME. I followed your instructions except I mixed a whole container of whipped topping in with the whipped jello. Then I poured all that over the angel food cake chunks & mixed them together. It's a wonderful lemony creamy piece of delicious. and 75 calories for 1/24 the recipe.

Yum! :love:
  • guidosgal
    Options
    Hey Hijack away. That lemon jello cake sounds like it rocks I will have to try it (my favorite cake and now Lemon to which I adore. see what happens when great minds get together :glasses:
    and Tamelab Lemon Ice box pie one of my other favs my grandma made it all the time but use nilla wafers as a crust. Thanks for reminding me of a special memory. Now off to the store tommorro for stuff for my lemony desserts (no wait I cant do that 2 dessests at the same time) Shoot I will just have to dream about them both and wait til after Thanksgiving passes then pick one for each:bigsmile: week as a treat. Oh sometimes I hate having to have self control
  • Thelectrawoman
    Options
    Cherry Cranberry Bars

* 1 Refrigerated pie crust
    * 3 c Fresh or frozen cranberries
    * 1 cn 21 oz cherry pie filling
    * 2 pk (3.4 oz) instant vanilla
    * 1/2 ts Rum extract
    * 1 c Frozen light whipped topping
    * 1/4 c Cornstarch
    * 1/4 c Water
    * 1/2 ts Cinnamon
    * 1 c Sugar
    * 2 c Skim milk

Preparation

1. Heat oven to 425F. Microwave pie crust pouch on DEFROST for 20- 40 seconds, or let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes. Remove crust from pouch. Unfold crust; peel off plastic sheets. Press pie crust in bottom only of 13x9 pan, cutting to fit. Press seams firmly to seal. 2. Price crust generously with fork. Bake at 425F for 9-11 minutes, or until light golden brown. Cool. 3. In medium nonstick saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, corn- starch, and cinnamon; mix well. Stir in water; bring to a boil. Cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until cranberries pop and sauce is very thick and translucent. Add cherry pie filling; mix well. Cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool. 4. In a medium bowl, combine pudding and milk. Stir in rum extract. Blend with a wire whisk until thickened. Spoon over baked crust. Top evenly with cranberry mixture and refrigerate 30-60 minutes, or until set. Serve with whipped topping.

Per serving: 1 starch, 3 fruits, 1 fat Calories per serving: 310
    Source: Pillsbury Fast and Healthy Magazine, Nov/Dec 1993 Typed by Linda Fields
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    Reduced fat cheese cake ...tastes amazing i make them every year!!

1 package fat free or reduced fat cream cheese

1 tub fat free cool whip

red. fat graham crust (i dont make good homemade crust)

1/3 cup chocolate chips or any fruit(optional)

Let cool whip and cream cheese reach room temp

Whip cool whip and cream cheese

Pour in crust chil for about an hour

Add choped/crunched chocolate chips or any fruit before serving(optional)!!

Absolutely amazing!!!

Nutrition facts For red. fat cream cheese and reduced fat graham crust
    cals: 208
    Fat: 9g
    Sodium: 1905

Nutrition Facts For Fate free cream cheese and red. fat graham crust
    cals: 173
    Fat: 3.5g
    Sodium: 299

Hope ya like it
  • kryssy77
    kryssy77 Posts: 219
    Options
    this recipes look so good definitely gonna try some
  • guidosgal
    Options
    I agree Thanks everyone for the yummy Posts :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • czar1978
    Options
    Got this from the Hungry Girl Web site; love it! Each treat is only 62 calories!

Pumped Up Ginger Snap Crunchers

PER SERVING (1 cruncher): 62 calories, 0.75g fat, 83mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 4g sugars, 0.5g protein -- POINTS® value 1*

Here's a holiday-inspired guilt-free treat that's creamy, cool, and DEEEEE-LICIOUS!

Ingredients:
    1 cup canned pure pumpkin
    Half an 8-ounce container Cool Whip Free, thawed
    2 Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snacks
    12 ginger snap cookies
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
    In a medium mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, Cool Whip, and pudding, and mix well. Stir in cinnamon.

Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking liners, and place 1 ginger snap cookie in the bottom of each cup.

Evenly distribute mixture among the 12 cups.

Freeze until solid, about 1 hour. Store in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS