Good post!!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    word.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

*kitten* busting work + consistency + time = results.

Yup.

^^^ This!! There is not easy way to do it, lol. Hard work never killed anyone, however! Great post.
  • jat944
    jat944 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Right on Lyle! I weighed 311 lbs and 45 days later I have lost 32 lbs! There is no substitute for blood, sweat and tears! you must change your eating habits and increase your actitvity level! Never ever go back to your old ways as I have 79 lbs more to go to reach 200 lbs. I will do this because my mind is stronger than my body! Good luckk all!
  • nellybutler
    Options
    How very true :)
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    One small point, you don't have to eat less, you have to eat fewer calories. Given the caloric density of many common foods in the standard American diet, you can actually eat a lot more (by volume) and still eat fewer calories.
  • Desika87
    Desika87 Posts: 111
    Options
    love it! :-)
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    well said!! you are absolutely right!!
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!! Great Post to kick off July!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Love it!!! :happy:
  • noweightfisherj
    noweightfisherj Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    So true, so true.
  • fitnhealthy21
    Options
    Great post! :happy:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    YEP, that's about right. I NOW roll my eyes at people who give me excuses, do or do not :)

Everyone gets ready on their own time to make those changes though, and they'll have success if they stick to the former.
  • curtishissam
    curtishissam Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you...
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    AGREE 100%
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more. This equation is the only healthy way to get results. Sure there are plenty of quick fixes to the problem......but surgery is risky, pills are dangerous, fad diets don't always work, and unless you actually put the tools you already know to work.......nothing will work!!! Have a great day!!
  • rnv180
    rnv180 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think I might actually print this out and put it up at work!
  • debnava
    debnava Posts: 2
    Options
    That's it... and not such a big secret. It's the common sense approach and healthy life-style change of eating for fuel and not so much for pleasure/comfort. That is something I had to realize. And if you do eat something fattening, do it in extreme moderation. Savor it slowly and you will find it to be more satisfying. :flowerforyou:
  • anewmeforever
    Options
    I can't tell you how many times in the past month I have been asked "Are you losing weight?" I say yes. They say (all excited) How are you doing it?" Then I reply. I eat right and work out hard 6 days a week. The looks on their faces every time is classic. Then they just say "oh". People don't want to hear that it is hard work and a total relationship change with food.

So very true!
  • aprice3320
    aprice3320 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Its really well said. :flowerforyou: