Pear shape . Legs and calf's exercises. Suggestions?

Options
Hi,
I am a pear shaped, so my legs have been my challenge as long as I remember myself.
I would be 135 and fit in S ( size 4) on top , but the bottom would be 6. Regardless how slim I was, I never had slim legs, moreover my calfs have always been rather big. I was told that if I were to exercise calf, it would grow even bigger from muscles. Anybody with similar experiences, please share
Thank you

Replies

• linochka1969
    linochka1969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe it . Nobody replied!
  • taintedbutterfly18
    taintedbutterfly18 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have always had big calves no matter what size I am. It's genetics. Some parts of your body you just can't change.
  • linochka1969
    Options
    I realize that, but is there anything that can be done?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If you are eating in a deficit, then your muscles won't grow bigger..but they will look bigger due to swelling from water and fat on top.

You want smaller calves, then lose the fat on them and exercise them so there is some muscle definition.. that simple.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think all you can really do is diet and lose weight. Where your body stores fat is genetics, so you might just lose all the fat you have on top while holding on to what's on the bottom, but at a certain point you will lose the stored fat on your legs too. Trying to spot-train just your legs will prevent them from looking flabby (by making the muscles more defined and larger) but won't make them any smaller.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Are your calves muscular, carry fat, or both? Some great exercises are squats and lunges for upper leg area, and if you want to build muscle on your calves to burn off any fat that is there (yes, you can't spot reduce, but it helps), standing and sitting calf raises are good. If you just have muscular calves (I do, but I like them), then I guess you'll just have to be glad you don't have chicken legs. Lots of people work their butts off for muscular calves, so consider yourself lucky ;)
  • linochka1969
    Options
    When I was 135 lbs I still had almost the same size calves. Somehow legs have always my problem.
    I don't have a big top, i am a pear shape, so my top is smaller than my bottom
    When I was slimmer, I was asked if I ever road a bicycle. A small definition is nice, the bulky calves are rather ugly
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I realize that, but is there anything that can be done?

Barbell squats is my answer.

But that's my answer to everything.