Love/Hate relationship with food (Ranting)

Options
Deleted. Nevermind. Later!

Replies

• Rmlannin
    Rmlannin Posts: 4
    Options
    mbelt004,

I know exactly how you feel about this kind of thing. I am a college student, with pizza deliveries, bars, bakeries, and unhealthy roommates always slapping me in the face. One thing I have learned from my stepmom and others (including weight watchers) is that losing weight is a lifestyle change. One thing I am trying to do is slowly weave in my healthier lifestyle so that I do not get overwhelmed at first. I think it is important for you to not cut out every single bad thing you eat. Also, when you mess up, do not be so hard on yourself. We are humans and make mistakes. If you are so hard on yourself, you will give up. I am not saying do not be serious about your weight loss goals and eat what you want all the time, but try to be a little less hard on yourself. All that will do is get you frustrated and unmotivated even more.

One thing I am trying to think about is "weighing" my decisions. A question I ask myself is..."Does this cookie taste better than the way I want myself to look in a bathing suit?" If the answer is no, drop the cookie and leave it for someone else to eat :)

To answer your question about "when do I get my life back?" I think that eating small "pat on the back" unhealthy foods for a reward is something that you could put in your diet. Every friday night, eat some M&Ms, or something sweet, or whatever you like. (I have also frozen some yoplait nonfat yogurts, which tricks me into think im eating ice cream :))

Keep up the good work! You have obviously got the drive to finish your goals if you have lost 53 pounds already. That is just about 1/2 a pound per week....a very healthy rate. Keep it up! I also hear that the 2nd half of your goal is harder to take off than the first...so just a warning....

Good Luck!