CALLING ALL P90Xers, current and previous

Options
I've got a question for you, did you finish the program in the exact time?
I find the weekends when I go to my parents I can't do certain workouts like chest/shoulders,triceps etc cuz all my weights are at my place. Therefore I end up doing some cardio instead, like going for a jog.
My question is, have any of you guys found yourselves in similar situations? I feel like i am somehow cheating because I am not doing the workout scheduled for that day. I'm on week 11, and I KNOW I am going to finish, just might take me a little longer then anticipated.

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    if you are still pushing play and getting your workouts in, thats fine! i got bored with it in my last 2 weeks, but i still finished it! keep it up!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    okay thanks!
  • DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1
    DoOrDoNotThereIsNoTry1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Do your best and forget the rest!
    Don't sweat it if you can't complete the specific workout of that day. Life does get in the way sometimes. The key is to keep at it and you will do just fine.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I sort of have a hard time sticking exactly to the schedule. sometimes all I can do is go for a run that day- I have stuck with it for the most part but a couple days a week I kinda do other things because life happens.

I promised myself I'm getting back on it today. So I'll be starting week 5.

Good luck!
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    perfect, thanks guys!
    &good luck with your week 5 asv!
    which program are you doing? classic?
  • TattoodITGuy
    Options
    i slacked off when my kids came to visit so i told myself to get back to doingit. I felt better when i was and its a great stress reliever. I am starting the entire program over again.
  • justinhamlin
    Options
    my wife and I are doing P90X and are in week 4 of the program and have actually stayed pretty consistent with our workouts. We are afraid that if we make the excuse to not do a workout for whatever reason, then more than likely those excuses will come easier.

That being said, we did miss 1 day of workouts, the Chest/Back/Ab Ripper day. We ended up doing it the following morning, followed by Plyo that night. Perhaps that is just us pushing ourselves, but we wanted to make sure we werent cheating ourselves either.

Keep pressing play, keep doing your best and everything else will work its way out.
  • Gabrielle456
    Options
    i have a hard time with ab ripper x because my mid section is...well...ultra soft and it hurts as i get up (i shake lol) but i keep pushing. The second time i did ab ripper, i was able to sorta keep up with the guys.

I try not to cheat because i wont be able to maximize the benefits of p90x. I do hate yoga x but love it at the same time :D
  • MileHighScott
    MileHighScott Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lisseth,

Consider p90x as a jump start to a lifestyle change so if you miss a day or two or have to push or rearrange workouts, that's fine!!! Great job on your progress so far!!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You can switch around some of the workouts. I don't think its a big deal. I sometimes took my rest day in the middle of the week depending on my schedule; but make sure you have day in between the weight lifting workouts. I highly doubt you want to do upper body lifting one day and lower body lifting the next day - I tried it once, it wasn't fun (even if you are working different muscle groups). Just finish strong!
  • Lisseth03
    Options
    Lisseth,

Consider p90x as a jump start to a lifestyle change so if you miss a day or two or have to push or rearrange workouts, that's fine!!! Great job on your progress so far!!

that's exactly what it is, a lifestyle change, since starting this program i've cut out partying and drinking and putting *kitten* in my body that i should have never put in anyway, i'm a better person, or at least I feel like a better person, and i actually ENJOY working out :)