Excited, but i dont want to fail!!!

Options
OK so i have tried everything!!!! every pill, every suppliment recommended by Dr Oz, WW, juice diets, fasts..... nothing ever works.

But i cant stand it anymore! I HAVE to drop this wieght! i'm hoping i've finally gotten to the point where i'm "sick and tired of being sick and tired"

i have a lot of weight to lose and i just LOVE food so much, trying to balance that out is difficult!

Replies

• Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this site! And may be borderline obsessed...but it is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. And even that took awhile. I'm pretty sure I "joined" three or four times before I actually started using it on a daily basis. Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Hey try this one!!!

eat healthy
    exercise regularly
    drink lots of water
    get quality sleep

do consistently for six months and report back in if nothing has changed!

(the reason this is always the answer is because this is the only one that comes with a guarantee. dont be upset if you dont get the results you wanted from the hard work you didnt do)
  • Bdh2775
    Bdh2775 Posts: 14
    Options
    i feel ya girl enough is enough already..i just joined this sight today puttin my best foot forward
  • scamberlous
    Options
    Yay, Twin!!! I feel the same way! But we are going to support each other here and during our daily chats, posts, texts, etc.! Let's set our 1st goal...what do you say, like 15 lbs...and then we'll go get tattoos!!!
  • missjessica482
    Options
    Sounds good twin!!!!!

PS: thought u said there was no snarkyness lol!!! they're everywhere lol!!! oh well! at least i gots u!!! <3
  • missjessica482
    Options
    thanks michele!
  • missjessica482
    Options
    BDH, fingers crossed for the both of us lol!!!!!!
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Use your fear of failure to succeed! You are going to make this happen!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

First of all you have to look at it as a permanent lifestyle change. You need to develope a healthy relationship with food and see food as fuel for your body not as support for emotions etc. Once you can do that you will succeed hugely.

Fads just don't work for a lifetime of change as you well know. Learning good habits are what will help you succeed.

Change your mindset that you will succeed here. Would you enter into a marriage planning to divorce? Plan to succeed and you will.

Yes, you will have bumps in the road, you will have bad days, everyone does. Just start again the next day and keep on going.

Good luck!
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

First of all you have to look at it as a permanent lifestyle change. You need to develope a healthy relationship with food and see food as fuel for your body not as support for emotions etc. Once you can do that you will succeed hugely.

Fads just don't work for a lifetime of change as you well know. Learning good habits are what will help you succeed.

Change your mindset that you will succeed here. Would you enter into a marriage planning to divorce? Plan to succeed and you will.

Yes, you will have bumps in the road, you will have bad days, everyone does. Just start again the next day and keep on going.

Good luck!

Great advice!
  • dusty_712001
    dusty_712001 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This site is great for motivation and information. My comment is a saying I like that refers to the topic title. You can't fail if you don't quit.

You say you have tried many different methods to lose weight and now are searching for answers here. That shows me that you definately have not quit.

There are many here that are better about specific advice though, so I will leave that to them.
  • Rhonda8165
    Rhonda8165 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    this site really helps me keep my snack intake in check, therefore when i use this site i lose weight, along with exercise which i enjoy MOST days, but sometimes it's hard and after a long day you have to make yourself get off the couch and "just do it"! good luck, you can do this!
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Good luck!

This and yes there are plenty of snarkey people on MFP just like anywhere. Just ignore them.
  • missjessica482
    Options
    GREAT advice Monica!!!! thank u!!

and thanks for the support Dusty! I truely appriciate it!

I'm feeling more confident already!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this site! And may be borderline obsessed...but it is the ONLY thing that has worked for me. And even that took awhile. I'm pretty sure I "joined" three or four times before I actually started using it on a daily basis. Good luck!!!! :flowerforyou:

I think it's the only remotely healthy thing that keeps me on track, although I should probably count the years I had and actively used a gym membership, too!

Anyway, understand this, OP: slipups aren't failures. They happen, they're not a reason to give up. They're not the end. So if you slip up, please don't give up!
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    There's a quote that goes something like "everything you are afraid of has already happened to you."
    When you fear failure like this, you live it over and over in your head. You make yourself suffer through something that HASN'T HAPPENED YET. Let go of the past, stop living in a negative future and stop planting seeds of failure in your present -- and let yourself kick butt.
  • STACYINOC
    STACYINOC Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You can't fail if you check in with this app daily and have lots of friends on here to motivate you :)