Options

Replies

• Meisterberger
    Options
    Run.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    Well, if you have always wondered what it then go out for lunch, less date like. If then he wants to go on a date or more then you talk about his relationship. It is fun to reconnect about old times. Nothing may come of it but at least you saw him and can put what if out of your mind. ~corina Good luck
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    he just wants a shag on the side, don't fall into the trap, tell him to sling his hook
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    stay away unless you are okay with being his girl on the side. if you think you are more then you will get hurt.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Run! Run as fast as you can!!!! If he will do it to her he'll do it to you. Unless, you speak to her and she is ok with it then cool. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't know. You're too beautiful to be with a man that can't give you and you alone all of him.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if it were me -- I wouldn't get involved any more than you are. But if you just can't stop thinking "what if" --- I think you ask him if he's exclusive with somebody else and see what he says -- unless you know for certain he is, then you start ignoring him like yesterday. If he says he is not, then directly ask him about the woman you think he's dating and see what he says then.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    umm if he is not honest with her, will he really be honest with you? Highly unlikely. Drop him like a hot potato, you are worth more then that.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Remember you reap what you sow... If you sow the seed of being the "other woman" then you will reap that later in a relationship with someone you care about. i.e.. he will cheat on you. If you know that he is in a relationship you shouldn't even entertain the idea of going out with him. Its wrong.. period.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I find it a bit creepy that he wants so badly to hook up with someone from grade school. High school or college, totally... but I just keep thinking "Man that chick was so hot in reading group, she could spell helicopter before anyone else... and her Rainbow Bright overalls ZOMG WANT TO FIND HER"
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If he's okay giving this other poor woman the impression they are exclusive, yet is texting and wanting to date you behind her back, what's the say he won't do the same to you?

Run for the hills.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i would definitely ask him what the other girl knows/thinks about their exclusivity before entering in anything.

Check with the woman he's dating, not him. She'll let you know fast enough if they have the sort of open relationship that will allow him to date you too.
  • EagleDeb
    EagleDeb Posts: 6
    Options
    RUN BABY RUN!!! Keep your peace and enjoy the life you presently have. Allowing a man with another woman in your life will bring nothing but heartache to you again!

What the heck is he doing? Shopping around to see if he finds someone better?

Keep us posted, I would like to know what you decide!
  • julia6567
    julia6567 Posts: 27
    Options
    Sherri honey, to be honest if he is happy to do the dirty on her than he will be happy to on you and you deserve better than than. Would you hoestly be happy knowing that he is with someone else when he is not with you?

I would run for the hills!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Sherri honey, to be honest if he is happy to do the dirty on her than he will be happy to on you and you deserve better than than.
    I wish Sherri would come back to let us know how she thinks the other person he's dating thinks it's exclusive.
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When you say grade school...do you mean grade school (K-5th/6th?) or did you maybe mean grad school (graduate school)? I want to resist responding until I'm clear on the age we're talking about, lol. :happy:
    Actually grade school lol.. We "went together" as we called it then in 6th through 8th grade..
  • kati37
    kati37 Posts: 61
    Options
    I say if he is being dishonest with her then he will be dishonest with you!!!
  • sherri85
    Options
    Sherri honey, to be honest if he is happy to do the dirty on her than he will be happy to on you and you deserve better than than.
    I wish Sherri would come back to let us know how she thinks the other person he's dating thinks it's exclusive.
    Well he said he was gonna tell her that he wanted to see other people but he has never told me he did so Im assuming he didn't..
  • sherri85
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!! You that said I already know the answer is so correct.. I do already have my mind made up to quit talking to him until he is single but just wanted to know from everyone else if I am being silly... I do not want to be his second choice and on standby for when she is not around...
  • laurels12
    laurels12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Run for the hills! They say "how you get them is how you lose them" -- I know from bitter experience that it's true. Two previous partners were already attached when we got together, vowing to finish things and didn't for a while (unknown to me). Then they both cheated on me. You're better than this honey xx
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Well he said he was gonna tell her that he wanted to see other people but he has never told me he did so Im assuming he didn't..
    Ask him.