72 Days, 16lbs Lighter :) (Beware stomach flab pic included)

Options
hockeyfan87
hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
I generally don't go on the message boards very often, but I'm quite excited about my progress and I thought maybe I could inspire someone :) When I first started here, honestly, I didn't think I was going to lose anything. I've tried SO many diets and nothing ever worked. First I started going for a walk and just light exercise. I then decided I was ready to something more challenging so I started doing Billy Blanks Tae Bo; Contact 2. At first I could only get through 15 minutes but after awhile I managed to do the full 30. After doing that workout I went and started Tae Bo Amped; a more challenging (in my opinion) workout. Every week I made sure that I worked out 6 times a week wether it was Tae Bo, Dancing or just walking. I continued Tae Bo amped right up until 5 days ago. I lost a total of 14lbs doing Tae Bo, dancing and walking.

So, 5 days ago I decided that I felt fit enough to try and attempt Shawn T's Insanity workout. The first day (fit test) I thought I was going to die and wasn't sure if I was going to continue the workout program. I decided to continue so I finished day 2. Later that night I was in soooo sore but I kept pushing forward. Today I finished my day 5 of Insanity and I'm SO glad I stuck with it so far. I have one workout to go and then I will have the full week 1 finished. I have a total of 2lbs gone so far doing Insanity and I cannot wait until I finish the full 60 days. I never imagined I would have gotten this far when I started on MFP, but seeing the difference in me just with 16lbs gone is pushing me to keep going. If I can do it, so can you :) I'm always up for new friends, so if you want to add me, feel free :)

Untitled.jpg

Replies

• jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    wow! what a difference! :) congratulaions! :)
  • hockeyfan87
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    u go girl well done :) show us pics when u finish insanity x
  • hockeyfan87
    Options
    Thank you! :) And I will defiantly post a pic when I finishes Insanity :)
  • ttmnegril
    ttmnegril Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wooo Hoooo!! You can see a HUGE difference!!! Also, you are doing it exactly the right way -- watching what you eat and exercising -- so the weight won't come back like with fad diets (which I'm sure we've all experienced). You're also doing it at a really good pace -- again, if you lose weight too quickly -- in my experience you end up gaining it back just as quickly (and then some!). Not only do you look so much smaller -- but so much fitter -- yay!! Very inspiring, thanks for posting!!!
  • jlanderson01
    jlanderson01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Huge difference for a 16 lb weight loss!! You are definitely gaining muscle!! Keep up the great work
  • dixieangeln
    dixieangeln Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WOW Congrats!!!
  • hockeyfan87
    Options
    Thank you! It's greatly appreciated :)
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • hockeyfan87
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!