results after 30 days... difference?!?!

Options
jbug5j
jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
on june 1st i started to run for 30 min and decided to do that for 30 days. after 30 days i was excited. my work pants felt loser and i couldnt wait to weight myself. i lost .07 pounds. not even a full pound!! :frown: then i took my after picture and was even more dissapointed... so here it is. maybe im not seeing it, but i dont see a difference at all. :brokenheart:

*ive never uploaded a pic before so im sorry if it dosnt work

7488132792_fcb5165f23.jpg
before after run by jbug5j, on Flickr

Replies

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Your crazy if you don't see a difference! Look at your stomach! Its tighter and lifted!! Great job girl. Keep at it and you'll be where you want to be in no time! (your smile is even bigger in the second pic, your brain knows you look great even though your eyes can't see it!)

Edit: Take your measurements, even though the scale doesn't move doesn't mean your body hasn't shifted, I have times where I won't loose a pound on the scale but I've lost inches from everywhere on my body!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Several differences: Tummy smaller, boobs perkier, thighs smaller. Also, you just look narrower. I think you don't see it because you are closer to the camera in pic #2, and that makes you look bigger overall. Look carefully, though. There is a great difference. Congrats, and keep up the fantastic work!
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference! Most notably your belly! Huge difference in my eyes. Keep up the good work!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,263 Member
    Options
    There is a definite difference...smaller abs and thighs. Stick with it, it is working. Keep up the good work!!!
  • wiezinthejuice
    wiezinthejuice Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference in your stomach! Keep it up!
  • tundeke
    tundeke Posts: 80
    Options
    Well done girl, i can see the difference, you posture is better and your stomach is smaller. Keep up the good work don't get dishartened because you are changing. The scale is irrelevant as you must lose inches and weight too but you gain muscles.
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Your crazy if you don't see a difference! Look at your stomach! Its tighter and lifted!! Great job girl. Keep at it and you'll be where you want to be in no time! (your smile is even bigger in the second pic, your brain knows you look great even though your eyes can't see it!)

Edit: Take your measurements, even though the scale doesn't move doesn't mean your body hasn't shifted, I have times where I won't loose a pound on the scale but I've lost inches from everywhere on my body!

Agree -- take your measurements! You've definately lost. Plus this is just a front shot -- what about the below the bra-back rolls? If you had any, I bet they are gone.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    thank everyone!!! i still dont see it but i now have the biggest smile on my face. :bigsmile: im definately going to keep going. i started couch to 5k yesterday so i have 10 weeks lined up. thank you all again *many hugs*:flowerforyou:
  • dixieangeln
    dixieangeln Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I see it! Maybe I need to do the same because I've lost 16 pounds and dont see any difference either.. Congrats on your success!
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I see a difference in you neck,tummy and boobs!:)
  • eprybs
    eprybs Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bet if you started to take your measurements you would find the results satisfactory because you DO look different to us.
    Just keep at it, just think 6 months from now how different you will look!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I really see a difference. We are our own worst critics. Your hard work is really paying off. Pounds are nice to lose, but the goal is fitness and younare making greatmstrides in that department. Keep up the good work.
  • boschbrianna
    boschbrianna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    remember that the number of pounds you lose isn't important and yes there is a difference definately take advantage of the measurement way to track. Your stomach and thighs look slimmer and your posture definately improved!!! Keep it up girl and the scale will show difference just don't count on it for results
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hey Jbug you look overall smaller--arms, tummy, thighs, perkier chest. I'm not sure why the scale didn't treat you right (except for the food weight and sodium theory.)
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    You need to measure yourself. You will lose inches before lbs because your body turns muscle into fat and having more muscle burns excess fat off. Keep it up and don't stop your doing fantastic!
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference in your tummy and thighs definitely. Even smaller changes are still changes! You look great, try increasing the running even by 10 more minutes and I am sure you will continue to change. Remember, slow and steady wins the race:)
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Definite difference in the belly, thighs and in your face....it looks slimmer. Great job!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference in your stomach! Another girl said it and she was right...you gotta measure yourself. And you can see you have that workout glow going on in the after pic...and you look more confident! Keep pushin girl and take those measurements! As far as getting an ACCURATE gauge of your progress, use three things. Weight, measurements, and how your clothes are fitting. Your pants are looser, your belly def looks like you lost a couple of inches and you're feeling better! Keep up the great work! :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I notice it mostly in your mid-section so far. Don't give up! If your clothes are feeling roomier, then you are on the right track. :flowerforyou:
  • Sandyrocks82
    Options
    I can see big difference in your pictures. Your stomach is smaller, your neck is longer and your thighs have slimmed down. Keep pushing. Take pictures and measurement. I was beating myself for not losing much weight. but then when I took photos and compared with the old ones, I was able to see the difference.

Keep pushing and good luck.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!