Look for beginner workout videos or routines.

Options
So I've been on MFP for about two weeks now and I LOVE it. Everyone I've talked to so far has been very nice, respectful and willing to give advice, and I've also lost 5 pounds already!!! :happy:

So to get to my question.... I have a two year old son and I work full time so I don't have time to get to a gym. I've been walking/jogging every other night but feel like I want to do more. Can anyone recommend any You Tube videos or workout routines I can do at home?

Replies

• Pam165
    Pam165 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I dropped a gym membership after 3 years a few months ago and went searching for an effective alternative that would save me some time and get me home earlier at the end of the day. I found a Jennifer Gillardi dance dvd, Dance off the Inches Cardio Hip Hop, for just under $10 and really like it. I've been using it for a couple of months 4 times a week, and have changed my midsection shape enough to be noticeable in my clothes. It's 35 minutes start to finish, a pretty good workout, good aerobics, low impact, well worth the change for me. Your little one might even like the chance to dance around some with you. :smile:
  • ruffy2463
    ruffy2463 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Ive been working on this since March, the results are not great yet. I wan to drop 30-40 pounds and I m just traking my food patterns. Exercise is not motivating at all but it helps I need a lot of motiviaton Im just a beginer but moral support helps.
  • Manya63
    Manya63 Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with Pam....dance! It can be incorporated into anything! Put radio, cd, etc on and just move . Ps singing along adds to the fun! If by chance you own a WII....the dance ones are great!
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with Pam....dance! It can be incorporated into anything! Put radio, cd, etc on and just move . Ps singing along adds to the fun! If by chance you own a WII....the dance ones are great!
    Agreed I love the WWI Just Dance for Kids, I do it with my 8 yr old and we have a blast while we work up a sweat.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you've got time and don't mind lifting weights: Jillian Michael's Frontside/Backside videos. Frontside is ~45 mins total workout time and Backside is about ~50 mins.

If you only have 30 mins or less: JM's 30 day shred.

30 day shred is pretty good, but of the two I preferred Frontside/Backside. They feel like more substantive weights workouts and would complement your cardio days well. You still get your sips of cardio in there since it's circuit training. And the weight exercises are fundamental weight room 101 nuts and bolts stuff. 30 day shred is also circuit training but has more hybrid weight exercises.

I also like bodyrock.tv and http://www.lovingfit.com/exercises-workouts/ for other at home workout ideas.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
  • hockeyfan87
    hockeyfan87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Search Sparkpeople on youtube, they have a lot of good workout routines :)
  • betterme1291
    Options
    walk away the pounds w/ leslie sansone
    jillian michaels last chance workout
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    These are still part of my fav & fall back routines: Check out Tamilee Webb on Amazon: she has 2 "Tight on Time" DVD's that each have 4 10-min segments or her "Best of" which has 2 DVDs & 3 15-min segments plus bonus yoga segments on each. Even with the other hard core & longer time wo's that I do, I still LOVE my Tamilee Routines :bigsmile: & they get results (check out these guns - lol!)
  • momof2winsplus
    momof2winsplus Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The youtube channel "BeFit" has plenty of free videos, including their own Be Fit in 90 series, Dancing With the Stars, Jillian Michaels, and Billy Blanks Jr.

I was able to try out many different types of videos to see what I liked best without having to shell out the big bucks for videos I would hate.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit
  • JoseP204
    JoseP204 Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi there,

I have been using DailyBurn. It is an online fitness program. You stream the workout videos. They range from 12-50 minutes. You can choose by the intensity, time and trainers.

Great videos, simple exercises that you can modify if you don't have weights or bands. I think it is around $14 / month.
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    bump for saving some good links and suggestion! :)
  • PursuitOfHappiness96
    Options
    Try bexlife! she does home work out videos :)http://www.youtube.com/user/genghisgirl
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
  • iris8pie
    iris8pie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    *bookmarking*
  • lorin1987
    lorin1987 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love bodyrock.tv I used to try to go to the gym 5 days a week, but i when i was looking up new exercises on youtube i stumbled across bodyrock.tv and i do it 3 times a week. It is only 12 to 20 min of your day and the workouts really work. I am excited because for the first tie in awhile i am actually seeing results
  • Lisaherbalmomma
    Options
    great ideas!
  • barbaratracy
    Options
    I agree Leslie Sanson is a wonderful beginer work out. I lost 40 lb doing her videos everyday.
  • amyonkman
    amyonkman Posts: 25
    Options
    You can try bodyrock.tv! I just found it, looks like awesome workouts, they are about 12 minutes usually, so nice and quick when you are short on time with a little one! And they have beginner ones, and they show modifications on other videos as well.
  • menb2006
    menb2006 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I'll have to try this. I have tried a few workout videos and can't seem to find something I will stick with. I don't want to keep buying DVD's that I wont use.