I need a good tasting wrap with less calories

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
and no added fiber (that **** makes me ill). I like wraps so much better than sandwiches but 210 calories just for the wrap makes me sad.

Go!

Replies

• DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what exactly artificial fiber is, but I've been using Joseph's pitas. They are only 60 calories.

ETA: 7 grams protein
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I loooove Boghosian Valley Bread... the wraps are huge and all of the flavors are usually around 100 calories per wrap.

http://www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate/nutrition-calories/food/boghosian-valley-bread/
    boghosian-valley-bread-tomato-94274.jpg

Edited to say... no idea if there is artificial fiber in these, sorry if there is!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to find any that I like that are low-cal and not "fake." I've just started getting the smaller ones and having over-stuffed tacos since they won't make a full wrap.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them but there's an ezekial 4:9 sprouted grain tortilla that might work, calories and macros wise. (plus nothing artificial). http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-food-life-ezekiel-49-sprouted-i203772
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what exactly artificial fiber is, but I've been using Joseph's pitas. They are only 60 calories.

"Artificial" might not be the right word but any added, or extra, or really high fiber foods just don't work for me. I just can't do things like Kashi Go Lean or Fiber One bars. They add fiber to bring down the calories.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I use lettuce leaves instead of bread/pita wraps.
  • dreamstate89020
    dreamstate89020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use mission 96% fat free flour tortillas, with fat free cheese, canadian bacon and mustard. I nuke it in the microwave for breakfast or you could have lettuce and tomatoes and have it for lunch. 170 calories
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options

"Artificial" might not be the right word but any added, or extra, or really high fiber foods just don't work for me. I just can't do things like Kashi Go Lean or Fiber One bars. They add fiber to bring down the calories.

Gotcha. These have 5 g dietary fiber, but they do have plant sterols which are supposed to be good for your heart. And I know that they are a pita, not a wrap, but they are pretty good.
  • valeriedent2
    valeriedent2 Posts: 154
    Options
    I like the La Tortilla Factory ones. They are higher fiber, but I don't think it's "added" fiber. Decent macros. Between 80-100 calories, depending on which one you get.

They hold up well, fold well, are decent size for the calories. My grocery store has them in the deli section.

The Flat Outs are pretty good, too. I've only had the Flat Out Fold Its. But I liked those as well.
  • jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Flatout bread. Love these for wraps. They have some fiber but it's not that high.
  • darkchocolate68
    Options
    I like the La Tortilla Factory ones.

This is what I use. I fill it with grilled chicken tenders, lettuce, tomatoes and Ranch Dressing.

I have also used the Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man recipe instead of using the bread.