Is it possible to eat too much dairy?

Options
I have noticed that I have been eating a lot of dairy, yet staying pretty low carb in my diet. On a normal day, I will have yogurt, protein shakes, cottage cheese and some cardio days I have a smoothie with 1 cup of 1% milk. Is this too much dairy?

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? If not ,why would there be a limit on diary?:noway:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    If eating a lot of dairy makes you not feel good(I know it can make some people feel sluggish and others can have digestive problems) then yes you can eat too much, but if it doesn't affect you in a negative way then no need to stop if you like it.
  • rochellewilson70
    Options
    Perfect. I have a lot of weight to lose and just didn't want to do anything to jeopardize my progress. I was stalled for many weeks, but recently upped my calories to 1700 a day. I stepped on the scale to a 2.4 lb loss today so I'm excited. Thanks for your input!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a problem unless you have problems digesting dairy products or if it's really high in saturated fat and sodium.

I enjoy Cottage Cheese on many meals if I want to have it. It's great on Omelette's, Wraps, Jacket Potato, pretty much use it on anything you would normally use regular cheese on. Except for pizza, Cottage Cheese doesn't melt because of it being low in fat, so it will just be a runny mess lol.

Milk, can be lower in fat making it a great choice for cereal, hot drinks, shakes and anything else.

All this is also a good source of calcium, just remember the Petit Filous advert. Makes your bones grow strongerer. :tongue:
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    If you have high cholesterol I would be careful. Animal protein/Dairy can causes your LDL or bad cholesterol levels to increase, which can lead to heart disease.

Some good resources are
    Forks over knives – movie on Amazon and Netflix
    Prevent and reverse heart disease – By Dr. Caldwell B. Esselstyn
    The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell
  • KJ77493
    KJ77493 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Watcht the movie Forks over Knives on Netflicks. It's very interesting and might help you not to eat as much dairy!
  • jldunn713
    jldunn713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters who suggest Forks Over Knives. Too much dairy is a bad thing and can lead to disease! Even if it's low fat. Try subbing soymilk or almond milk for cow's milk