The start!

Options
So i'm starting my weight loss tomorrow, very nervous about it!
I'm female, 20, 6ft1 and weigh 210lbs, i am a dress size 16-18 and want to get down to a 12-14!
Would be great to have some people to talk to on here to get motivation and tips, so feel free to add me.
Lets do this!

Replies

• DalyFL
    DalyFL Posts: 4
    Options
    Sounds like you already have the plan!!! You can do it, just start by making better choices in what you eat. BTW it kinda help me being around people that are doing and making the same changes.....
  • muffintop20
    muffintop20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah, it should be ok - will be worth it in the long run anyway!
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    I was also at a 16-18 when I first started...now I wear 4-6 :)

Your life will change forever in the next year. Good luck!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm tall as well (6 ft). Seems like we need to lose more in order to have it show. ;o) I'll send you a friend request ~ Elaine
  • muffintop20
    Options
    a 4-6 UK size? or USA? Congratulations!
    And thank you very much. :)
  • muffintop20
    Options
    Brilliant!
  • DalyFL
    Options
    Yes!!! ohh girl I got my sis in law and bro to do this about 20 days ago and the changes have been unblvble. My bro was about 295 lbs and he has always been an impulsive eater, after he downloaded this app & with our support now he weights 265lbs! Am so proud of them.
  • muffintop20
    Options
    wow thats amazing! hopefully I will start seeing the results with the effort I am going to put in!
  • DalyFL
    Options
    Please remember is easier to put them on than loosing them. Have lots of Support & Patience. Any plans on how you are going to start working out?
  • muffintop20
    Options
    Yeah I realise that. I am going to the gym, have been for the past 3 weeks.
  • findingme07
    findingme07 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You will love MFP....it has made me accountable and motivated...add me for a friend if you need another.
  • DalyFL
    Options
    OHHHHH girl you are on the right path!!!! Concentrate on cardio; like threadmill, elliptical machine, bike, it has work for my brother & his girl. btw i just started zumba not so long ago and i walk out of there soaked lol
  • muffintop20
    Options
    Thats what i'm doing :) Yeah, Zumba is very very hard haha, I sometimes go with my mum!
  • hopeC12
    hopeC12 Posts: 38
    Options
    a 4-6 UK size? or USA? Congratulations!
    And thank you very much. :)

US! So I guess that's more like 6-8 in UK. It's amazing being able to wear all sorts of clothes that I never could before (I'm been overweight most of my life). Shopping is a lot more fun now :)