50 lbs lost! With comparison picture

Options
I was reluctant to try MFP but after hitting 210 lbs, I decided I would give it a shot. I think the biggest eye opener for me was just how many calories I was consuming and had essentially stopped exercising. We recently had our first child and I would like to be around to watch him grow - maybe even meet some grand kids one day!

Through the course of 6 months, I lost 50 pounds. I started eating much better and realized I could lose weight faster with regular exercise. I used to run a fair bit so I decided that I would start by running 1.5 miles per day, slowly working my way up to longer distances. In about a month, I was up to 3.1 miles (5k). Since then, I've been running at least 5k nearly every day, maybe taking a day off every 2-3 weeks. I'm now an endorphin junkie! I feel worthless if I miss a day of running.

If you're just starting out, stick with it! For me, it's about a lifestyle change, not simply weight loss. I would have never guessed I could lose that much weight already.

Thanks MFP!

weight_comparison.jpg

Replies

• Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing.
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    That's a lot of weight in a short period. That's great you worked so hard and got great results. I am sure if you keep your running you will only become more fit.
  • Jerikelley
    Jerikelley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am just getting started today so really needed an encouraging story to get started. Your personal experience is very inspiriting! Congratulations!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    COngratulations you look great!
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's FABULOUS! Great work and AWESOME MOTIVATION! :)
  • weightloss06
    Options
    Congrats you look great!!!!
  • soehlerking
    soehlerking Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    great work!! you look fantastic!
  • cari4jc1
    cari4jc1 Posts: 233
    Options
    Great job! And what a cute little boy! :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • thungerford
    thungerford Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! I feel fantastic and am so glad I started when I did. There is no time like the present!
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    What a great accomplishment!! Good for you for sticking with it :D
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    awesome job! You look great! I love running too and make about 4-5 miles every other day. Keep it up you look great! Once you start running you never turn back!
  • smcneely121
    smcneely121 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! You are an inspiration.
  • brittawaterr
    brittawaterr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Bere4ever
    Bere4ever Posts: 188
    Options
    wonderful!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!