So what do you do when you blow it?

Options
Ok, so I completely blew it this weekend. Had some family/school stress pop up and well.. So back on the wagon today and I know I should exercise but I didn't fall asleep until 3 am and I just don't think I have it in me today. What do you guys do to get motivated and how to you stop yourself from being so hard on yourself? I really wanted to start the couch to 5K program today, but I think all I am going to be able to do is walk the dog to Redbox to return a video. Not quite a mile. :(

Replies

• tinajayne72
    tinajayne72 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've learned to forget it happened.... and move on.. pretend like it's day 1 (I'm always excited and all into it on day 1) lol
  • TraumaNurse2B
    Options
    That is actually a really great idea! Thank you!
  • MistyWeeks
    MistyWeeks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you look at what you're trying to do. Are you dieting? Or are you changing your life style? It's much easier to forgive yourself when you realize the changes you are making are for the long haul and not just a quick fix diet. If you have a crappy day at work do you quit your job? Nope, you go back the next day and try again. =) It's the same when we have a miserable day or weekend or week when it comes to our weightloss journey... just take it day by day. We are human, we're going to mess up =)
  • sgall123
    sgall123 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you look at what you're trying to do. Are you dieting? Or are you changing your life style? It's much easier to forgive yourself when you realize the changes you are making are for the long haul and not just a quick fix diet. If you have a crappy day at work do you quit your job? Nope, you go back the next day and try again. =) It's the same when we have a miserable day or weekend or week when it comes to our weightloss journey... just take it day by day. We are human, we're going to mess up =)
    very well said something I should remember too ;)
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yup, it happens. Forgive yourself and start fresh today.

"No one can go back and change their beginning but anyone can start today and change their ending." :flowerforyou:

As far as motivation to start working out, I try to tell myself things like "If I had worked out when I first thought of it, I'd be done by now" and "I only have to do Day 1 once!"

Hopefully you can find enough motivation to get back on the wagon! Good luck :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I drink an extra few glasses of water and move on. (And usually cut back the carbs for a few days).
  • TraumaNurse2B
    Options
    Thanks guys I'm back on it tomorrow. Got some much needed sleep this afternoon and I feel much better (sort of ) hahaha. One day at a time right?
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    i blow it almost every day now, what can I say.. just start over :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    story of my life. just learn how to forgive yourself, you don't have to be perfect. just think about those naturally skinny people who do eat junk food on some days and just come back to eating normally without being too hard of themselves.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I did it today..... pappadeaux and chocolate cake..... just logged and letting it go... Start fresh in the morning!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it unless you quit! Learn from it and move on!
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I completely blew it today and I still have about 8 hours left to my "day" all I c an do is try to do better the rest of the day and try harder tomorrow.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i cheat, eat all the foods i was craving, and start again the next day
    cheat days mean nothing, but i believe they are very important.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You'll be ok. Just get going soon. Your body isn't on a 24-hour clock so having a terrible weekend isn't the end of the world. Worse thing you can do is give up.

Good luck!
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    I've learned to forget it happened.... and move on.. pretend like it's day 1 (I'm always excited and all into it on day 1) lol

^^^^This^^^
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I read the bit at the bottom of the diary that says "If every day was like today, in 5 weeks you will weigh XXX", kick myself and start fresh the next day. Most days I find that really inspirational so on the bad days, I think to myself "Was that worth it"??
    Having said that, I'm only 3 weeks in ;) Haven't had a REALLY good blow out yet!!

Love the support and advice from all the commenters so far!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    as long as you never quit! its a learning curve and we fail at this many times before we learn to be successful. bank it in your memory for next time when you want to indulge maybe it will help you to be more successful in the long run. just remember you can do this as long as you don't give up!
  • indpls2002
    indpls2002 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I've heard the best way to get motivated is to just go. Get your walking clothes on. By then, you've put in the effort to do so, so atleast walk out the front door. Then think to yourself " I already got dressed and made it out", sot hen walk around the block or up and down the street. Then you'll feel better and just keep going :) It works for me! It's a mental thing. lol
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    as long as you never quit! its a learning curve and we fail at this many times before we learn to be successful. bank it in your memory for next time when you want to indulge maybe it will help you to be more successful in the long run. just remember you can do this as long as you don't give up!
    and get some friends!!!!!!!!!!! the more support you have to more you can turn to your friends for help!
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    (deleted)