New to Myfitnesspal

MargeK
MargeK Posts: 3
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Marge and I am new to Myfitnesspal. In speaking with my special friend Shari she recommended I check this site out and I must say I am really impressed and know that this is the place to keep me motivated on my journey to eating healthy and losing weight. It's been a life long struggle but at my age I am not giving up. I finally realized that diets don't work but eating healthy and exercising does. I've called my program New Beginings because I've begun a jouney practicing portion control, making better choices, substituting healthy foods for yunk foods, utilizing support groups, and including a lot of exercising into my daily schedule. I look forward to getting some input from everyone. Thanks.

Replies

• MargeK
    Hi, my name is Marge and I am new to Myfitnesspal. In speaking with my special friend Shari she recommended I check this site out and I must say I am really impressed and know that this is the place to keep me motivated on my journey to eating healthy and losing weight. It's been a life long struggle but at my age I am not giving up. I finally realized that diets don't work but eating healthy and exercising does. I've called my program New Beginings because I've begun a jouney practicing portion control, making better choices, substituting healthy foods for yunk foods, utilizing support groups, and including a lot of exercising into my daily schedule. I look forward to getting some input from everyone. Thanks.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Welcome Marge! Great idea to look at this all as a New Beginning for you; that's the perfect attitude! Best of luck!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Welcome, I hope you find success in this. I have been here for almost two months and have lost 17 lbs so I am pretty happy with my progress. I hope you will enjoy the site as much as I do, everyone is really friendly and willing to answer questions. :smile:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Welcome! I lost 10 lbs my first month. It's amazing what happens when you actually count calories!
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Welcome to the site Marge. :flowerforyou:
    Glad to have you here.

Shari :glasses:
  • maybeoneday
    maybeoneday Posts: 42
    welocme
  • MargeK
    :smile: Thanks so much for your warm welcome and support, it's just what I need.
  • HAPPYDAZE
    HAPPYDAZE Posts: 12
    I'm new to this site and find myself motivated and inspired by others that have posted. I have about 60 lbs to lose and look forward to tracking my progress and seeing how others are reaching thier goals......so be strong everyone and WE CAN DO IT!!:smooched:
This discussion has been closed.