New friends and lifting fans

ali_b83
ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
Hey everyone! My name is Ali, and I'm 29, a full time history/teaching student, and mom of three (9 1/2, 4, and 3 months). I've yo-yoed my whole life, at one point getting down to my goal weight through cardio and low carb. After getting pregnant, life, etc. I gained it all back years later. I had an epiphany about fitness about a month ago, and ever since then I'm been completely dedicated to getting in the best shape of my life, and being the healthiest ever. My 30's are going to be 100 times better than my 20's!

I'm married to a chef, so not only is he my motivator and workout buddy, but he makes/teaches me how to make awesome, healthy, delicious food. I didn't touch veggies before I met him. We're both doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit program, which is very weight lifting focused. I have fallen in love with lifting. It gives me results that I have never had before. I feel great, and I know I'll end up with a strong, toned body, rather than "skinny fat", like in the past. Feel free to friend me, I would love to talk nutrition/exercise/motivation with other, especially the lifters out there

Replies

• BABGURL
    BABGURL Posts: 10
    Hello,

Cool that you're doing Jamie Eason weightlifting plan. I'm on my fourth week of phase 1. I'm loving weight lifting. I'm thinking of starting the phase 1 all over again the end of this week, since in the very beginning I didn't go as HARD as I go now. Was always afraid of becoming extra bulky, but I'm beginning to see definition that wasn't there before. Feel free to add me.
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Hello,

Cool that you're doing Jamie Eason weightlifting plan. I'm on my fourth week of phase 1. I'm loving weight lifting. I'm thinking of starting the phase 1 all over again the end of this week, since in the very beginning I didn't go as HARD as I go now. Was always afraid of becoming extra bulky, but I'm beginning to see definition that wasn't there before. Feel free to add me.

Cool! I'm on week four too, day 25. Unless you were lifting very light (or not to failure), I wouldn't worry about it. You're supposed to lift at 60% for phase 1, 85% for phase 2, etc. I went too heavy in the beginning, so it can be hard to find that good weight where you're pushing yourself, but not to the point of bad form. Do not worry about becoming bulky! It's not hormonally possible for women. Just look at Jamie, she is far from bulky, and she lifts so much heavier than we do. What cardio do you plan on doing? I'll be doing HIIT on the treadmill. I'll definitely add you :)