oh boy....fried dough???

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
ugh...I hate to ask this because I swore I'm just making it for "them' I'm not going to have any....nope not Ali...strong will powered Ali....well okay just one small one! YUM, and half of this other small one....okay run to mfp quick and it will be okay! lol....

so here I am, ....any ideas....I just made pizza dough, fried it in olive oil and then brushed it butter and sprinkled powdered sugar on it...like a size of a deck of cards each piece...

since there isn't a fried dough here on the foods LOL..gee wonder why....I came out w/ about 400 cals for what I explained above...does that sound right....shaking my head in shame....I still have like 300 cals for the day but since its only 2:30 I need to get out for a run or put a tape in to make it all right again LOL

thanks!
And hugs!
Ali

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    ugh...I hate to ask this because I swore I'm just making it for "them' I'm not going to have any....nope not Ali...strong will powered Ali....well okay just one small one! YUM, and half of this other small one....okay run to mfp quick and it will be okay! lol....

so here I am, ....any ideas....I just made pizza dough, fried it in olive oil and then brushed it butter and sprinkled powdered sugar on it...like a size of a deck of cards each piece...

since there isn't a fried dough here on the foods LOL..gee wonder why....I came out w/ about 400 cals for what I explained above...does that sound right....shaking my head in shame....I still have like 300 cals for the day but since its only 2:30 I need to get out for a run or put a tape in to make it all right again LOL

thanks!
    And hugs!
    Ali
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would recommend to visit this link for a calorie calculator. Hopefully it'll give you some insight:

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Gotta love those exercise cals that you're going to get after your work out...they've saved me A LOT on days when I was over my cals by about 200-300....they bring me right bac down. I bet you won't feel so bad after the work out....I hope it was yummy! :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options
    thanks helawat....I checked same as here...but I think I'm pretty confident w/ about 400 cals....:ohwell: woopsie!

and yes kristin....it was sooooooo good! lol....note to self IF I make that again eat something first....its almost impossible to pass up something so yummy on an empty tum!

hugs and thanks guys! gotta go workout soon!
    Ali :wink:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

thanks!
    And hugs!
    Ali

That sounds GLORIOUS. :cry:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Well it was a deck of cards and not a deck LOL....I haven't had fried dough in eons!!!!

zen
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options
    Fried dough???Don't they call that a donut????:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm.....sounds wonderful!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

thanks!
    And hugs!
    Ali

That must be a common thing up that way! I was staying with my friends in the Boston area and her mom made that same thing!!! That was also pre-MFP for me!! Man, was it good though!!

If I come visit you, please don't make it!!! HEHEHE!
  • ali106
    Options
    LOL...okay I promise (crossing fingers) lol...we'll be out on the town anyway girl :wink: :wink:

hugs!!!
    Ali
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS like the olga bread i am tempted too every day at work.. GOOD LUCK...:smile:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Oh Yummy!
  • fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    Is this the same as fry bread ? In New Zealand we do that and I know some areas in the US do the same as ours - check out this recipe lol 282 calories -

Navajo Fry Bread II SUBMITTED BY: SAUNDRA PHOTO BY: PaigeCentral
    "As far as I know this is the original recipe for Navajo Bread. It's is great with honey and butter. The Navajo's put chiles, cheese, onion, lettuce and beans on it, and call them Nava Tacos."

PREP TIME 15 Min
    COOK TIME 25 Min
    READY IN 40 Min
    SERVINGS & SCALING
    Original recipe yield: 18 rounds
    US METRIC

About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS
    475 ml oil for frying
    500 g all-purpose flour
    30 g baking powder
    salt - 2 teaspoons
    590 ml warm milk

DIRECTIONS
    In a large heavy bottomed frying pan, heat 1 inch of vegetable oil or lard to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
    In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and milk; mix well. When the dough has pulled together, form it into small balls and pat them flat.
    Place 3 or 4 at a time into the hot oil. When the rounds begin to bubble, flip them over and cook until golden. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.

Editor's Note

We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.

NUTRITION INFORMATION
    Servings Per Recipe: 9

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 282

Total Fat: 6.7g
    Cholesterol: 5mg
    Sodium: 1816mg
    Total Carbs: 46.2g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
    Protein: 8g

Recipe c/o allrecipes.com
  • ali106
    Options
    thank you fi-nz.....you New Zealanders rock!!!! Fried Bread and those amazing Flight of the Conchords!!! I'm in awe!!!

I think this is pretty much exactly what I do except for yeast instead of the powder...but it the same premise....and this sounds so close to what I figured...YOU ROCK!

big sigh at the sodium.....bummer!!! lol
    hugs!
    Ali
  • fi-nz
    fi-nz Posts: 24
    Options
    Lol yes they do us proud - oops I edited this recipe so the sodium will be less - it did say 2 tablespoons but way too much so 2 x teaspoons is a bit easier to take ! It's almost the same as what we do here too but this was the only one with the nutritional info and tastes pretty good !