C25K? Did you lose?

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
I was thinking of starting the C25K after my July 30DS Challenge or doing along side the 30DS. Ive always wanted to run, and desire to love it as Ive heard others have done. So Im going to do it regardless of a possible physical change (though it does seem inevitable). I was just curious about ppls success on the program, whether it be pounds lost or inches, stamina or endurance increase, or just a better sense of well being. How was it for you?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    It improved everything. I'm a slow loser and the first two months I did it (it took me 3 months to complete) I lost 5.5 and 6.5 lbs per month which is fantastic for me. I can now run about 4 miles straight, albeit slowly, and have completed a couple 5K races. I have two more in the next 2 weeks. It also did a LOT to change my body composition and saw huge improvements in my double chin and my stomach and chest measurements. I also have visible thigh muscles too.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    It improved everything. I'm a slow loser and the first two months I did it (it took me 3 months to complete) I lost 5.5 and 6.5 lbs per month which is fantastic for me. I can now run about 4 miles straight, albeit slowly, and have completed a couple 5K races. I have two more in the next 2 weeks. It also did a LOT to change my body composition and saw huge improvements in my double chin and my stomach and chest measurements. I also have visible thigh muscles too.

Those are great results!! Thanx for the reply. Definitely motivating
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I dropped around 6lbs since starting c25k, and I definitely lost inches & fat. Hubby noticed my back fat disappeared (yay!), and I've noticed improvements all over - thighs, back, tummy. I started it in late January, finished in March and am still running in addition to my other workouts (DVDs, some weights, cardio, JIllian Michaels stuff). I've moved on to the 10k Trainer now, hoping to improve my 5k time and all over endurance, and of course, continue the fat burn. :tongue:
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I dropped around 6lbs since starting c25k, and I definitely lost inches & fat. Hubby noticed my back fat disappeared (yay!), and I've noticed improvements all over - thighs, back, tummy. I started it in late January, finished in March and am still running in addition to my other workouts (DVDs, some weights, cardio, JIllian Michaels stuff). I've moved on to the 10k Trainer now, hoping to improve my 5k time and all over endurance, and of course, continue the fat burn. :tongue:

Back fat gone!!!???? That in and of itself is the best reason for me to start. My back fat is totally bringing me down.lol
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    I've moved on to the 10k Trainer now, hoping to improve my 5k time and all over endurance, and of course, continue the fat burn. :tongue:

Same here! I skipped the first week I think, because it was a bit too easy for me.
  • naprestsleep
    naprestsleep Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I lost a few pounds while on it, but the cardio was what I needed and got. I love to ride and can ride a bike for 60+ miles, but I died when I hit a hill and my heart rate would spike. Now I still struggle but I see the benefit I got from the c25k in my cycling too. I need to get back and try to make the full 3.1 miles, i only ever got to the 30 min mark but too slow for the mileage.
  • omma_to_3
    Options
    At the end of C25K, I was running only about 2.25 to 2.5 miles in the 30 minutes. But within a week or two I was able to run the 40+ minutes to hit the actual 5K mark.
  • girlonfire15
    girlonfire15 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Although I did C25K more for fitness than weight loss, I definitely lost a significant amount of weight. When I started I weighed 168 pounds, and after I had finished the program and done a couple weeks of running for 30 minutes three times a week afterwards I weighed 153. I was counting calories as well, but C25K was my only form of exercise.
  • Bubbas12
    Bubbas12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Supreme 90 Day but I really want to get into running and I plan on starting C25K. It's great to hear the results. Now I just have to wait for the weather to cool off a bit, the humidity is way high.