Brand New

Options
Hi! I am brand new here too! I am on disability as well for fibromyalgia/osteoarthritis. I have extreme exhaustion and pain and do not take any of the fibro meds as I've been the human guinea pig over the last 10 years and found nothing helps and only helped me to gain 45 pounds. My doctor gave me an assignment of coming on this website to start a program so that is what I'm doing today. I just lost my job today as well and you can guess it is because of too many sick days. Yes, I had a ticket to work with disability but I guess they didn't care. I never had a write up and was always told how great I was at my job but today got the boot and was told it was being absent for sick days. So, am a bit depressed because I cannot live only on disability. I really don't eat that much but am finding out on this food/exercise tally if that really is true. I have a degree in physical education/fitness but when I got sick all of that went out the door. I really am just trying to get my life back. I have not been exercising as I just am too exhausted and I hate the heat. I do not belong to a gym because it is too costly for me and really struggle getting out in the heat. We do have a pool so we'll see how many excuses I can come up with for that...ha! Today is my first day. I'm going to try to stay as positive as I can even with the loss of my job. I will try to get in the pool later and possibly go for a walk. I really can't promise anything except to say I will try. I am hoping this site will be of help to me and maybe we can help each other reach our goals. I want to lose the 45 pounds I gained plus try to get some energy again. I want to try to get some of my life back

Replies

• DORISGUDINO
    DORISGUDINO Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I came on the forum a couple of days ago and have met a lot of VERY Nice people. You are in the right place!! Lets do this together. I will send you a friend request. Have a great day, and remember....one day at a time.....
  • quirky500
    quirky500 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm new too, lets try and do this together, the more support we can give each other the better!
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I am relatively new myself.
    I can tell you that swimming is the BEST exercise out there. Just 1/2 an hour of leisurely swimming burns 300(ish) cals.

Also,
    Nothing lasts forever :) It will get better.