PCOS Mom of 4 Boys Losing Weight! (b&a pic)

Options
jella74
jella74 Posts: 106 Member
I'm a mom of 4 boys, with PCOS! Having PCOS is very stressful, discouraging and like in my case VERY DANGEROUS! I have been on high blood pressure meds since I was 16, then diagnosed with PCOS at age 30. I have 4 sons ages 17, 5, 3 & 11mos so I have to be and stay healthy to be around to care for them.

FROM A SIZE 18 TO A SIZE 10!!!

weightprogress.jpg

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    nice difference.
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! Congratulations on your success!
  • jella74
    Options
    Thanks so much!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! I love the progression of time! You're doing soooo well! :o)
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    VERY inspiring ... I'm a PCOS mom of one. & getting ready to start fertility treatments again to concieve baby #2. Losing weight is so hard with this disorder.

You look GREAT
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Great job!

I used PCOS as an excuse for way too many years and no love the sucess I've found in reversing nearly all of it's symptoms.

You go girl, you're an inspiration to us all!
  • jella74
    Options
    Thanks! PCOS for me was my biggest excuse also, then one day after my bp reached 168/125 I knew I had to do something. NO MORE EXCUSES!!

Aclifford510 ,GOOD LUCK WITH #2!! We talked about a #5 but decided 4 boys were enough! lol
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am also a PCOS mother of 19 year old twins. As of last month and my most recent physical, my cholesterol was 158, my B/P was 110/76 and my pulse was 70. My doctor is thrilled with my weight loss and has already cut my blood pressure meds in half, with the goal of removing them completely, as well as my beta blocker and my heartburn meds. I will be 50 next year and there will be no going back for me. I'm healthier now than I have been in a long time.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too, and am currently working on losing weight so that I can under go fertility treatments in order to conceive my first child. I had conceived twice, once unassisted and the second with Clomid. Both losses were directly related to my PCOS being out of control and my weight. You look awesome!
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I love seeing people with PCOS be successful in their journey to health. It makes me feel like I can make it, too. For so long, I've used PCOS as an excuse for why I'm heavy, but not any more!
  • sallyann123
    sallyann123 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This is the post I have been needing to see!!! I have been unsuccessfuly trying to lose weight since having my son 15 months ago. I gained 60 lbs mostly in the very last trimester! I am having a hard time sticking to my healthy eaitng and excersise when I dont see results...plz plz plz, tell me how you did this!!! and how long:) I am so happy for you:)
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!
  • jella74
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!

Sallyann123, My Dr and I discussed my weight and I was 185 for 5 years even through pregnancy with no gain or loss. So he gave me a script for Adipex and told me I had to follow the adipex 1200 calorie diet. I was already eating healthy foods but not calorie watching, walking and exercising so he told me to stick to that 3 to 5 days a week. I do 6 days a week. I started using the c2-5k program again and the pounds started coming off. NOW it's habit!!!

135 days of on the diet plan. But it's been 2 years with really trying to lose weight though I got pregnant in 2011.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Im currently a loose size 18, seeing that you got to size 10 really gives me hope that I will be able to get back down to that and eventually into my pre pregnancy size (6). Thanks for sharing :)
  • nangel4u
    nangel4u Posts: 119
    Options
    i have pcos and you look great, I cant wait to look as great as you :-))))
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!! I dont know what PCOS is but good luck with that!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    you look fabulous!! I dont know what PCOS is but good luck with that!

PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Women with it usually(but, not always) have weight gain, hair in places they aren't supposed to have hair(like the face) and worst of all, infertility. In my case, I was told I was insulin resistant and put on the diabetic drug, Metformin. Everyone is treated differently with varying degrees of success.
  • reemlarki
    reemlarki Posts: 2
    Options
    I have PCOS... and I was diagnosed when I was 22... now I am 24... and my weight just doesn't go down... no matter what I do. Literally, I've lived off of a 1100-1200 calorie diet for the last couple of years and I am EXTREMELY active (in terms of sports and going to the gym) but for some reason my weight doesn't decrease. I tend to blame it on PCOS.... enh.

My Doctor just told me to continue my lifestyle and maybe my weight will suddenly drop, but they are considering putting me on a medication... but I really don't want to take anything, since I already take Metformin which makes me really nauseated.

Your pictures look great and congratulations!!!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    WOW first of all Congrats, I know what you mean about getting discouraged and unmotivated this PCOS is so difficult. Thanks for sharing your success with us. Can I ask what you did, foods, exercise? Whatever you did obviously worked!!
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    As a mom of triplets with PCOS I am SO GLAD you posted this! I have a long way to go and just started this journey and seeing your results and what you've been able to do is really encouraging! Congrats!!
    Angel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!