Workout DVDs for bad knees?

Options
I have Patellofemoral pain syndrome, or knees that get inflammed and painful easily. I have been to a Dr and been through PT, but the pain returns if I do certain exercises like jumping, lunges, etc. I like doing exercise DVDs, but I get tired of modifying everything. Any DVDs out there that are kind to knees?

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    So none? :sad:
  • LaundryJo
    LaundryJo Posts: 47
    Options
    I have bad knees and do tae Bo, not sure why it does not hurt my knees, but if there are jumps and lunges, I have to miss those out, but in tae Bo ripped extreme and tae Bo ultimate, there are hardly any of those. Maybe it just works for me, or you could rent a copy and give it a try. Gillian michaels DVDs absolutely kill my knees! Hope you can find something. Let me know ! Jo x
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Try Joy Bauer's Slimdown workout. It can be purchased from Amazon.com. I use it everyday, since I can't handle too much jumping either.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I also have that. I took a loooong time off, then came back BUT - and it's a big butt - I didn't jump or do high impact cardio for a long long time. You can basically do everything that everyone else does, just modify it. And continue to do your exercises !!!

Long impact step is good. Turbo Jam, of course. And Spin, if you can get a bike.

Modification is your friend; don't fight it !!!!
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    try kettlebells? It's low-impact. You can look up the swing technique on youtube and see if that hurts your knees before you buy the weights.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I did PT for patella tendonitis in my knee and piriformous pain in my hip. The Physical Therapist had me doing strengthening exercises for my hips. They were boring and I like following DVD's much better. I switched to Brazil Butt Lift and could not have been happier. The exercises can be done low impact, they strengthen the hips, which helps long term knee pain, and there is also great ab work and upper body strength training with the program. I skip the Cardio Axe program because I do enough cardio in other areas, but highly recommend it as low impact, easy to modify, and overall a well fit program.
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Try Leslie Sanson walking dvds, or you can do just about any aerobic exercise just don't go so deep into the moves