Newbie From Pennsylvania!

Options
Good Afternoon Everyone!
I am fairly new to myfitnesspal. I signed up for it months ago and i didnt keep up with it. AFter witnessing family members and my best friend Loose weight i got incredibly jealous! In just 4 months they made significant progress! i could have made that progress too if i stuck with it!
My husband has been dropping lbs with myfitness pal as well. So i feel that i am ready to make a commmitment to myself and finally get into shape. I have stuck with it Since June 1st and ive lost 11lbs with just changing my eating habits. When i weighed myself i was way closer to 300LBS than i ever wanted to be and i decided i MUST DO SOMETHING! I am looking to loose about 100 LBS and look way sexier naked!

About Me:
My Name is Joann and i current reside in harrisburg, PA. I am 30years old and a beauty school student. June 1 2012 I lost my job (Guest Service Supervisor for a Hotel) and I decided it was time for me to make some huge changes in my life. It has only been a month, however, i feel ive made a great start.

My Husband Bob and i have been married since we were 19 (11years june 18th!) While we have no children we do have a Jack Russel Terrier Named Angus.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.. hopefully meeting some new people and gaining and giving support where needed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Cgavigan
    Cgavigan Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I also realized I was way closer to 300lbs than I ever wanted to be (not that I ever wanted to be big, but you know). My husband also has been using MFP and my best friend has lost 40lbs on here so I decided to join. It has been great so far! I don't live in PA, but western NY. Not sure if that is a criteria for you, but I would be happy to have you as a friend on here. I'm sure you will be successful if you put your mind to it. I hated exercise and such until I started doing this along with the calorie tracking...I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but now I'm practically obsessed with it.

I hope you acheive your goal! If you would like some support, please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • JoannDanielleE
    JoannDanielleE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I just added you as a friend and i look forward to our journey! :)

:flowerforyou:

Joann
  • stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Right down the road from you! Starting with trying to loose 50, then see how it goes from there. Already 13 pounds in..yeah I know my profile doesn't say that but I started the diet thing before here *laff*

I do treadmill and recumbent bike and a couple days ago we started doing the 30 day shred. Having a hard time walking right now *laff*

I'll friend you!
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    well, welcome and you can add me....only if a Pens fan and not Flyers fan! :)
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend. I was over 300lb and have recently met my goal wt. MFP is great encouragement. I was born in western PA and now live ineastern PA. I cross the state regulaly (RT80)to visit friends and family.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You most certainly can do this!! It's great that you have people around you who are also working on losing weight..I think that makes it easier! I started out at 395 and am down to 258...I still have a long way to go. I'll send you a request...check out my profile and let's do this together!
  • greybeh
    greybeh Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    well, welcome and you can add me....only if a Pens fan and not Flyers fan! :)

Blech, can't stand the Flyers!
  • HopeEstheim
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!
    I am fairly new to myfitnesspal. I signed up for it months ago and i didnt keep up with it. AFter witnessing family members and my best friend Loose weight i got incredibly jealous! In just 4 months they made significant progress! i could have made that progress too if i stuck with it!
    My husband has been dropping lbs with myfitness pal as well. So i feel that i am ready to make a commmitment to myself and finally get into shape. I have stuck with it Since June 1st and ive lost 11lbs with just changing my eating habits. When i weighed myself i was way closer to 300LBS than i ever wanted to be and i decided i MUST DO SOMETHING! I am looking to loose about 100 LBS and look way sexier naked!

About Me:
    My Name is Joann and i current reside in harrisburg, PA. I am 30years old and a beauty school student. June 1 2012 I lost my job (Guest Service Supervisor for a Hotel) and I decided it was time for me to make some huge changes in my life. It has only been a month, however, i feel ive made a great start.

My Husband Bob and i have been married since we were 19 (11years june 18th!) While we have no children we do have a Jack Russel Terrier Named Angus.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.. hopefully meeting some new people and gaining and giving support where needed.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post!:flowerforyou:

hello! nice to see you here.
    i know how u feel, cause i want to feel sexy naked TOO, and now i REALLY don't haha
    let's be friends and encourage each other \o
    wish u luck and strenght!
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    I'm from the Harrisburg area too! Good luck with your journey, you've already done great! I just started this week. :)