Easy To Make Crab And Parmesan Topped Flounder

Options
finallychelle
finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
tumblr_m6icw8RW4V1qeupem.jpg

I simmered some frozen flounder filets with salsa in a covered pan and, when they were nearly done, I topped each filet with canned crabmeat, sprayed them with buttery spray and sprinkled each one with shaved parmesan cheese.

A meal consisting of two crab topped filets and a baked potato topped with garlic powder, ground pepper and buttery spray weighed in at only 343 calories.

And it was good!

If you'd like to look at lots of low-calorie recipes (most of them are original to me) you can check out my MFP blog here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

-gettingseriousaboutthisdietagain

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! :flowerforyou:
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options

I simmered some frozen flounder filets with salsa in a covered pan and, when they were nearly done, I topped each filet with canned crabmeat, sprayed them with buttery spray and sprinkled each one with shaved parmesan cheese.

A meal consisting of two crab topped filets and a baked potato topped with garlic powder, ground pepper and buttery spray weighed in at only 343 calories.

And it was good!

If you'd like to look at lots of low-calorie recipes (most of them are original to me) you can check out my MFP blog here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/finallychelle/view/my-lo-cal-recipe-collection-195763

This ^^^^^^^
    I totally love this recipe and going to make it tomorrow. Will any white fish work? How long do I simmer it in salsa? What seasonings are put on the fish?
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options

And it was good!

This ^^^^^^^
    I totally love this recipe and going to make it tomorrow. Will any white fish work? How long do I simmer it in salsa? What seasonings are put on the fish?

Yes, any fish will work! Simmer until the fish changes from translucent to opaque. I simmer on medium low for about 30 minutes (starting with cold fish and salsa at the beginning of the 30 minutes). I think the salsa will be all the seasoning you'll need-- especially with the crab meat, shaved parmesan and buttery spray on top.

Let me know how you make out!

-Chelle
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump