Need workout plan

Options
I need help I am at a stand still in fact I have gained 4 pounds everyone keeps giving me different advice. I am 5 ft 2 in 106lbs 49 year old female. Want to bulk up other wise have a rock hard body I want to know how many times a week should i be doing cardio and for how long and how many times should i do heavy lifting or should i be doing sets. PLEASE HELP

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If you're at the weight and BF% that you're happy with I'd scale way back on your cardio... no more than two days per week and it should be light to moderate. And I'd increase your lifting days to 3-4 days/week. I recently completed P90X... I firmed up quite a bit, but I was still training heavy with cardio (because of a personal goal to run a Half Marathon), so I believe I would have really gained much better muscle tone if I hadn't been running upwards of 16 miles each week in addition to lifting heavy 4 days each week.
    I hope this is helpful!
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Alot of women have started this plan .... http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-easons-livefit-phase-1.html
  • gavinr98
    gavinr98 Posts: 2
    Options
    This is plan that will work for just about everyone.

Weight train intensely, three times per week on alternating days with aerobic exercise three times per week. Make sure to hit your "high points" during your workout. Alternate training the major muscles of the upper and lower body. Perform two exercises for each major muscle group of the upper body. Select one exercise and conduct five sets with it, starting with a set of 12 reps, then increasing the weight and doing 10 reps, adding more weight and doing 8 reps, adding more weight for 6 reps. Then reduce the weight and do 12 reps. Immediately perform another set of 12 reps for that muscle group using the second selected exercise. For each muscle group, rest for one minute between the first four sets. Then complete the final two sets with no rest in between, wait two minutes before moving on to your next muscle group, complete this pattern five times for the upper body training experience and four times for the lower body training experience. The total time for each workout should only last 46 minutes for upper body and 42 minutes for lower body.

Day 1 Upper Body Training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back/Biceps (46 minutes)
    Day 2 Cardiovascular Workout (20 minutes)
    Day 3 Lower Body and Abs Training Quads/Hamstrings/Calves/Abdominals (42 minutes)
    Day 4 Cardiovascular Workout (20 minutes)
    Day 5 Upper Body Training Chest/Shoulders/Triceps/Back/Biceps (46 minutes)
    Day 6 Cardiovascular Workout (20 minutes)
    Day 7 Rest

Hope this helps, if you stick to this you will achieve your goal.
  • rlgfoldesi
    rlgfoldesi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice this helps alot
  • rlgfoldesi
    rlgfoldesi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, this does help
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I need help I am at a stand still in fact I have gained 4 pounds everyone keeps giving me different advice. I am 5 ft 2 in 106lbs 49 year old female. Want to bulk up other wise have a rock hard body I want to know how many times a week should i be doing cardio and for how long and how many times should i do heavy lifting or should i be doing sets. PLEASE HELP

Recommend downloading Stronglifts 5x5 or buying Wendler's 5/3/1. Learn the lifts. On the days you don't lift weights, do 30 - 45 min of cardio. Easy-peasy.