New ofcourse! Any students out there?

Options
rachaee
rachaee Posts: 46 Member
Hey everyone. I find tracking really useful but iv been slack recently (and gaining grr) so decided to get back on my unused mfp account! After having my heart well and truly ripped apart two months ago iv lost a bit through not eating and stress...but recently, starting placement (im a student nurse) iv been over eating quite badly so its time to get back on track and get fit! Iv never been happy with my weight and now more than ever it would be the best FU ever to see the look on the ex's face when we finally bump into each other! So here we go! Im aiming for 1200 a day but going to go more on weekly totals of 8400 because im currently on 12.5 hour shifts so it means I can eat more on my work days :) In terms of exercise I cycle to and from work as often as I can and I go to the gym, currently focusing on running and resistance. It's tough dieting and being a student (meaning nights out and drinking!) but im up for it. So here we go!

Replies

• purpleplum1214
    purpleplum1214 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Welcome,
    You should look into joining the group "Eat more weigh less" I found out alot when I first started. Your body might need more than 1200 calories if your burning alot! Looking for motivation buddies!! Add me we can fight it together!!
  • rbl1225
    rbl1225 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the guy :( I know how hard it can be to be a student though and I tend to stress eat - at finals is the worst!! Feel free to add me!!
  • rachaee
    Options
    The guy hurt me beyond belief and It's still really hard, but can't let him waste any more of my time! thankyouu! x
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    I think its great that you have all this motivation and have a great start. I would like to mention that you should probably also do a little weight lifting, The best reason for this is that it shapes your body, If you lose weight and dont weight lift, you just look smaller, With weight lifting, it can define your body as well. I myself do not believe in cardio too much. I do nothing but weight training but I do it at a pace that after I am done, I feel that I have ran a 2 mile run. I am exhausted, sweating, out of breath and know that my body is getting both cardio and strength training in one. Just something to think about. Also studies show that weight training the proper way also helps burn more calories even after you have left the gym.
  • rachaee
    Options
    Hey :) I do try to get some weight in but im often stuck at what to do! My reason for running right now is it's the only thing that de-stresses me! But thanks I will definitely try and add it more regularly.
  • brandeed73
    Options
    Hi,
    I am a student and i definitley know the stresses of going to school. I am going to major in psychology and i have 2 more years for my bachelors and 2 for my major.
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm also a student nurse! I'm a practicing LPN but working towards my RN. Just started role transition so I'm on 12.5 hour night shifts. Feel free to send a request!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I am an RN going to be going back to school for NP ..*sigh* I have to work up the motivation for all that torture again.. Good luck!
  • Twiztedbeing
    Twiztedbeing Posts: 389
    Options
    Hey :) I do try to get some weight in but im often stuck at what to do! My reason for running right now is it's the only thing that de-stresses me! But thanks I will definitely try and add it more regularly.

I can understand that sometimes there are so many machines its hard to decide. I would just say to think about what you want toned and start there. You do not have to do heavy weights, just make sure your arms and your body is feeling it and it will help shape you. Also for weight training, try to stay away from free weights as they can lead to injuries and bad form.
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!! Am new myself, joined about five mins ago. Plus finished my three year stint as a student nurse on Friday yayyyyyy!!!! Just waiting for my PIN now. Good luck with course...let me know if u need any help with any of it x
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oooh our stories for starting out here are spookily similar! I'm a student too (studying Occupational Therapy)

Feel free to add anyway :)
  • Elisac2008
    Elisac2008 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am a student nurse, finishing my last semester of an associate rn program in the fall, then on to bachelors. feel free to add me.
  • ohsoretro
    ohsoretro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm a student and just started too, never been on a diet before and not loving it so far! Heading to the gym tomorrow too - wish me luck! I think you can add people as friends on here? If so, feel free to add me!