Weight v's Clothes Size!

Options
I just wanted to shed some light on my progress for anyone else who sometimes 'hates' the scale! A few weeks ago I posted on here how disheartened I was because the scale isn't moving much and how in nearly 6 months I've only lost 21lbs. (SW 219.5lbs CW 198.6lbs) BUT I started at a very tight UK 18 (probably should have gone into a 20 but 'really' didn't want too), and today I'm at a UK 14. I actually bought a pair of 14 jeans on Sunday and tried them on and they fit!!!!

My measuring ability probably sucks as I don't feel like I've lost that many inches either BUT as I said I have gone down 3 dress sizes!!!!

I can't actually see my muscles or bones BUT I can feel them and my legs, arms etc look more toned.

Just wanted to say; anyone who is getting disheartened with the scale - look at how your feeling and how your clothes fit - that tells the bigger story.

Good luck to everyone. I still want the scale to move but I'm going to try and focus more on the clothes sizes going down.

x

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    There is so much more to this journey than the number on the scale... Glad you are starting to "see" that!

Great work!! :bigsmile:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I agree and value your post. I went from 212 to 165. A US size 18/20 to a 10/12. Posted two sizes because it depends on the brand.
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    This is something that I have battled with myself. Not seeing that scale move is so disheartening, but when I started my journey in a US 24 pushing into a 26 and I am now leaving an 18 for a 16 I understand how important it is to at times not worry about that stupid scale. I have even resorted to buying a tape measure to be more accurate and less devastated with that stupid number
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how tall you are, but you are the skinniest 198. pound girl, I know. Great point and great picture . Happy for you!!!
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I haven't seen the scale move with any consistancy since March ...maybe april, but I have gone from a tight US18 to fitting comfortably into a US16 sometimes even a 14 :) so it can be done.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the size loss :)
    I also measure my progress with cloths.
    Scale hasn't move for 2 mobths and I suck at taking measurments, but I can see my cloths getting bigger and bigger on me :)
    Great way to measure progress for patient people
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I havent lost any weight in the last 3 weeks and decided to measure myself just to see if there was any changes. Well I ended up losing weight in the neck/legs/waist scale has remained the same. I struggle trying to figure out the why the number on the scale isnt moving but gave up ;)
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how tall you are, but you are the skinniest 198. pound girl, I know. Great point and great picture . Happy for you!!!

Haha - thanks - but the picture is front view - I have the stomach for sure (hence no side view!) I'm 5ft 8".

x
  • gailashton
    gailashton Posts: 292
    Options
    Just so you know my friend, so true. I've changed more sizes than I've lost weight. I started out at a US size 22 and I can now where a US 10 and even some 8's. The scale hasn't moved in a while, but I continue to change size and my body is 4-ever changing. Don't go by the number on the scale - it lies. It's how you feel, look.... etc. You are in great shape & getting healthier every day. Congrats on your progress. LOL SISTA
  • ChristineDiet
    Options
    Just so you know my friend, so true. I've changed more sizes than I've lost weight. I started out at a US size 22 and I can now where a US 10 and even some 8's. The scale hasn't moved in a while, but I continue to change size and my body is 4-ever changing. Don't go by the number on the scale - it lies. It's how you feel, look.... etc. You are in great shape & getting healthier every day. Congrats on your progress. LOL SISTA

Thanks Gail!!! it was you who was there when i first started this journey - lots of fantastic advice and very inspirational to see how far you have come and what 'is' possible. xx
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I'm the opposite, I lose inches easily but I have been 15 pounds lighter in the same pants size! Either way, it goes to show that the scale is not the only way to measure success!
  • findfan4ever
    findfan4ever Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Shouting from the mountain tops, "AMEN SISTER!!!!!"

You nailed it on the head. As a former trainer I would hear how discourages people were because of the scale. I would pull them aside and remind them of their goals: to get in shape, to loose weight, to look and feel better, to get into smaller clothes sizes, etc. One woman came in wanting to cancel her membership because her *kitten* husband was telling her she wasn't loosing weight. When asked if they felt better about their health in general, about themselves, and if their clothes were fitting better, the answer was usually YES.

I would advise clients only to use the scale as a guide and not as a catch all. I stressed body fat percent, measurements, and how clothes fit.
  • ChristineDiet
    Options
    Shouting from the mountain tops, "AMEN SISTER!!!!!"

I would advise clients only to use the scale as a guide and not as a catch all. I stressed body fat percent, measurements, and how clothes fit.

haha - thanks! I guess we do need to remind ourselves what it is we are aiming for. the perfect body and being fit and healthy - that's all! haha.And oh yeah - lower BF%. xx
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats! :)