Take to work breakfast!

Options
I work early shifts 5 times a week and need something healthy and easy to make I can take to work, please help :)

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with fruit and cereal.
  • lorib1108
    lorib1108 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    have you tried overnight oatmeal?
  • draculaspointer
    draculaspointer Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal. It looks gross the first time you make it, but just do it. Its really good, and can be really flexible. Look on here or google it for lots of different recipes/flavors.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I take hard boiled eggs, dried fruit and nuts, greek yogurt or over night oatmeal.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    Try cliff bars and a protein drink.
    I usually do a cliff bar and an opti meal shake or a boost brand drink :]
  • payupalice
    payupalice Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love my overnight oats!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake in the morning. Surprisingly filling and nutritious. So quick and easy too x
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Make a batch of breakfast burritos on the weekend and freeze them (eggs, light cheese, veggies, turkey bacon....whatever you want wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla). Then, grab one and warm it up when you get to work. About a minute in the microwave.
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like to make a big egg bake (eggs, spinach, bit of feta, chopped up red peppers) and bring pieces of that. Or make mini crustless quiches and bring those. So easy!
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I make mini quiches in a muffin tin on Sunday evenings and take them to work through-out the week. They are super easy:

Steam broccoli (I buy the frozen steam in a bag) then mash it with a potato masher.
    Mix in 2 tbs of grated parmesan
    Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray then fill half way with broccoli/cheese mix
    Combine 3 large eggs with 1 1/2 cup of egg whites then pour over broccoli mixture until cup is nearly full.
    Sprinkle low fat cheddar over each and bake at 425 for about 25 minutes.

You can use any veggie. I have used spinach once, and diced ham and bell pepper another time. They're all delicious and very low cal/fat each. I usually eat 2 or 3 of them.
  • babsbrack
    babsbrack Posts: 20
    Options
    I just take ordinary oatmeal, i measure it out the night before and i also measure out fruit, either berries, blueberries, melon etc and bring those to work and micro it. mix in yummy fruit..
    fruit salad with yogurt over it is good too.