Guess what... I'M NEW! And hungry :')

Options
Hey there! My name is Jemma and i'm totally new to this whole dieting thing. I'm on 1200 cal a day, this is day one and I've got a proper starve on :') Give me some advice on food that fills you up? Also, add me yeah?

Love!

Replies

• unfitgoku
    unfitgoku Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow 1200 cals seems to be seriously low.
    To fill you up Hmm may be lots of water and whole grain food?:smile:
  • Lmorten
    Lmorten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    VEGETABLES! It's the only way you're going to feel "full" and like you are eating a lot of food without consuming a lot of calories. I just ate a HUGE salad that filled me up and it was just over 200 calories.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Veggies, veggies and more veggies. I can eat a whole bag of carrots, but with fresh starting to come in season, everything is great. Some say watch your fruits, but quite frankly, none of us got the size we are by eating too many apples.

Water is big - helps fill you up. I know in the beginning, I'd just go to bed early, because 9-11 PM is my dangerous munchy hours.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Hey there! My name is Jemma and i'm totally new to this whole dieting thing. I'm on 1200 cal a day, this is day one and I've got a proper starve on :') Give me some advice on food that fills you up? Also, add me yeah?

Love!
    You need to bump up your activity level and log you exercise calories and eat those too, you won't be hungry and you'll lose weight.
  • Jemmapuddleduck22
    Options
    Thanks guys! Yeah i think i'm going to increase my activity levels steadily, don't want to just tire myself out straight away but i'm totally going to eat those burned calories seen as my count is so low. Eating less has made me drink more water which should help my pimples....I better get to the shop and stock up on LOADS of fruit and veg :D you guys are a great help xx
  • StrawberrySt
    StrawberrySt Posts: 235
    Options
    I lasted about 4 weeks on 1200 calories and was starving! Even with my exercise calories to eat back, on the days I didn't exercise I struggled! So I gradually increased my calories with advice from these threads (eat more to lose is a good group) and I'm happier now and not so hungry! I'm also able to eat more whole foods and good fats and not eat lots of 'low fat' and 'diet' things like I had to on 1200. These foods fill you up for longer too.

Good luck!
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    hello and welxome,

1. Drink a full glass of water before you eat.

2. make sure you are getting your protein.

3. Is 1200 enough for you? I am at 2000 and losing wt.

4. You need to eat to lose weight.

5. If you are always hungry, you wont last. need to eat.

Hope this helps some. let me know.

Austin

PS make sure it is stomach hunger and not head hunger!!!
  • jtkwood
    jtkwood Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A good fruit smoothy can be around 300-350 calories. Veggies of course. Turkey is good too. Once slice is about 25 calories. You can make a pretty thick sandwich with a few different flavors (turkey pastrami is my fav). I also like riding my bike to burn calories faster that walking. 250 calories for about 20 min work... you can easily work up to a good dinner and still loose the weight you're looking for. Win - Win.